These aluminium stools and benches by design graduate Sara Mellone are designed to look like folded pieces of paper.
The Simple Things, Sara Mellone's graduate project from the University of Applied Sciences Düsseldorf, comprises pieces of furniture made from 2.5-millimetre sheets of aluminium that have each been folded four times.
The process of bending the lightweight aluminium gives the furniture strength and ensures that the stools and benches have a stable footing.
"The simple shape of the double fold creates enough strength to build a bench that is three times longer then the stool," says Mellone.
Both designs can be manufactured without any offcuts and don't require any additional parts for assembly.
Mellone has also created a version finished with a white powder coating, which protects the surface from fingerprints and scratches.
- Woonling Collection by Karoline Fesser
- G Pod by Victor Vetterlein
- Light Bulb Packaging by Olivia Cheung
- Wine bottle by Zaha Hadid for Leo Hillin…ger
- E.L.A by Bozhinovskidesign
- The D*Table by The D*Haus Company
- Arne Jacobsen's Drop chair reintroduced …by Republic of Fritz Hansen
- SCP in Milan
- Street Style Urban Gnomes by Vitamin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories