These aluminium stools and benches by design graduate Sara Mellone are designed to look like folded pieces of paper.
The Simple Things, Sara Mellone's graduate project from the University of Applied Sciences Düsseldorf, comprises pieces of furniture made from 2.5-millimetre sheets of aluminium that have each been folded four times.
The process of bending the lightweight aluminium gives the furniture strength and ensures that the stools and benches have a stable footing.
"The simple shape of the double fold creates enough strength to build a bench that is three times longer then the stool," says Mellone.
Both designs can be manufactured without any offcuts and don't require any additional parts for assembly.
Mellone has also created a version finished with a white powder coating, which protects the surface from fingerprints and scratches.
- Dezeen Screen: Moody Couch by Hanna Emel…ie Ernsting
- Works on Reflection II by Kim Thome at W…illiam Benington Gallery
- Christmas tree made from sledges
- Container Sideboard by Alain Gilles for …Casamania
- Glacier by Brodie Neill at SuperDesign
- Made in Ratio uses CNC cutting to create… an A-shaped chair
- Tom Dixon Shop by Studio Toogood
- Something designs lamp for Ligne Roset t…o look like a bellflower
- Library bus by Muungano
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories