This streamlined sculpture by designer Gerry Judah features three Porsche 911s soaring up into the sky like rockets.
The structure features three iconic generations of Porsche 911, secured onto the end of 35 metre-long hollow steel plates that have been welded together.
It weighs just over 22 tonnes and each leg slims down at the base, becoming narrow enough for a person to wrap their hands around.
"I had to create a sculpture which personifies the energy and excitement of the car and the Festival of Speed," Judah told Dezeen. "The 911 is a fantastic shape, so I had to think 'You can't deconstruct or embellish it'; so in this context the sculpture had to provide the right platform for the car to soar up and shine in the sky".
Judah creates an enormous car sculpture for the festival every year. Past projects include a white knotted race track for Lotus and a bright red looping structure for Alfa Romeo. See more sculptures by Judah »
Photography is by David Barbour.
- Attitude Chair by Deger Cengiz
- Austerity edible furniture by Lanzavecch…ia + Wai
- Movie: Erwan Bouroullec on his favourite… project ever at Clerkenwell Design Week
- Colour by Daniel Rybakken and Andreas En…gesvik
- "Smart" bicycle by Vanhawks gives direct…ions with flashing lights and vibrating safety alerts
- David Derksen launches Moiré jewellery …at Ventura Lambrate
- Between Lines by WokMedia
- Movie: Studio Libertiny at Design Miami
- Campanas in talks with Disney
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories