Henry Wilson designed the A-Joint as a system for joining various standard cuts of timber.
The joint consists of a metal body and wedge that fix pairs of legs in an A shape. Horizontal braces beneath the table surface are then screwed into the top of the metal piece, locking all the elements together.
Very Good & Proper is now producing the A-Joint Table in the UK. It is available in lengths from 1.5 to three metres in oak, ash or sapele wood, plus others on request.
Earlier this week we featured a chair that Very Good & Proper designed for a Shoreditch restaurant, which they recently put into production.
Other recent table designs on Dezeen include a ping-pong table that has been pared down to look like a domestic table and a table designed on a surfboard.
- Fishline Chair by Nendo
- Zero Energy Furniture stores heat to reg…ulate room temperature
- Konstantin Grcic to receive Designer of …the Year Award at Design Miami/
- RGB Fabulous Landscapes by Carnovsky
- Axis Lamp, Tech Chair and Buddy by Bao-N…ghi Droste
- Digital camera concept by Jared Mankelow
- Sketch lamp by Hung-Ming Chen and Ninna …Kapadia
- 11+ designs USB-powered portable humidif…ier
- Happy Pills by Fabio Novembre for Venini
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories