Japanese design studio Nendo has come up with a range of transformable accessories for dogs (+ slideshow).
Nendo's three-piece Heads or Tails collection consists of a dog bed, dishes and toys, all of which can be used in two ways.
"As a result of looking for a form that could be stable in two different shapes, the collection is constructed of triangular panels connected in polygon mesh," said the designers.
The artificial leather bed pops up to become a little hut or can simply be used as a cushion.
Ceramic dishes have a larger bowl for water on one side and present a smaller saucer for food when flipped over.
A lightweight silicone toy bone made from a skeleton of triangles can be reshaped into a ball by folding the two ends back on themselves.
The black and white collection was designed for Japanese lifestyle magazine Pen.
Nendo isn't the only team to have created objects for canines. Japanese designer Kenya Hara rounded up architects and designers including Kengo Kuma, Toyo Ito and Shigeru Ban to create architecture for dogs shown at Design Miami last year.
We recently compiled all the projects we've featured by Nendo onto a dedicated Pinterest board.
Photos are by Akihiro Yoshida.
- Daniel Weil designs deconstructed clocks… for Design Museum exhibition
- Rattan cane supports Insulaire furniture… collection by Numéro 111
- Special Spoons by Ineke Hans come like a… model kit
- Ashley Heather reclaims precious metal f…rom circuit boards to create jewellery
- Penny Webb's homeware changes colour in …response to breath, touch or movement
- AM02 and AM03 Air Multiplier fans by Dys…on
- Drawing vessels by Fumiaki Goto
- Alicja Prussakowska's Tilia coat stand r…esembles upended wooden skis
- Rings by Nicolas Le Moigne and A.E.Köch…ert
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories