Japanese design studio Nendo has come up with a range of transformable accessories for dogs (+ slideshow).
Nendo's three-piece Heads or Tails collection consists of a dog bed, dishes and toys, all of which can be used in two ways.
"As a result of looking for a form that could be stable in two different shapes, the collection is constructed of triangular panels connected in polygon mesh," said the designers.
The artificial leather bed pops up to become a little hut or can simply be used as a cushion.
Ceramic dishes have a larger bowl for water on one side and present a smaller saucer for food when flipped over.
A lightweight silicone toy bone made from a skeleton of triangles can be reshaped into a ball by folding the two ends back on themselves.
The black and white collection was designed for Japanese lifestyle magazine Pen.
Nendo isn't the only team to have created objects for canines. Japanese designer Kenya Hara rounded up architects and designers including Kengo Kuma, Toyo Ito and Shigeru Ban to create architecture for dogs shown at Design Miami last year.
We recently compiled all the projects we've featured by Nendo onto a dedicated Pinterest board.
Photos are by Akihiro Yoshida.
- "Start a recycling centre" with Dave Hak…kens' Precious Plastic factory
- Can City mobile aluminium furnace by Stu…dio Swine
- Snoopy by Iskos-Berlin for Versus
- Ad Hoc by Peter Schäfer
- Yeh Wall Table by Kenyon Yeh goes into p…roduction
- Lucy McRae envisions a human vacuum cham…ber for the future of space travel
- Proton by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Scout designed by Big-Game now available… at Dezeen Watch Store
- Font Alphabet Puzzle by Looodus
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories