The poster arrives in a tube as a roll of paper, which can be framed as a 2D picture.
The paper pattern can also be cut out, folded and glued together using the tabs drawn onto the image.
The colourful graphics form different faceted animal heads, which can be used as lampshades, stacked up to create a totem pole or worn as masks.
See more information from the designer:
The goal was to create complex objects at a low price that can be used as masks, posters, lampshades or something else. To achieve a low price and be able to ship our designs worldwide we deliver our lampshades as construction sets in a role of paper.
The customers have to cut out, fold and glue the parts together by themselves - DIY. The aim of our company is not only to design lampshades, we produce them also by ourselves. All designs were printed on a large format printer and packed in our workshop in Vienna.
Until now we only produce lampshades in a simple white design. Since sometime we have the idea to bring more colour in our world and to offer our customers lampshades with designs and colour all over. We want to invite artists and designers from all over the world to be part of our company and deliver colour designs for our lampshades.
- Bokja for The Quirico Company
- "Should designers look after production …themselves - or sell their ideas?"
- In a Pinch shelving system by Arttu Kuis…ma
- Boom Boom speaker by Mathieu Lehanneur h…as 20 faces
- Surveillance Light by Per Emanuelsson an…d Bastian Bischoff
- Front at Spazio Rossana Orlandi
- Chipperfield w102 by David Chipperfield …for Wästberg
- Bench by Raw Edges for Bench 10
- Pinxo by Ferran Lajara
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories