Our second story today featuring products presented like model kits is Italian designer Fabio Novembre's window installation for Tommy Hilfiger at La Rinascente department stores.
I Have a Lifestyle included Fabio Novembre's interpretation of a man's wardrobe, with items from the autumn 2013 Tommy Hilfiger Tailored campaign displayed alongside items including a champagne bottle, headphones and a bicycle to create a men's lifestyle kit.
The kit of parts was split into sections, with a mannequin and small accessories on one side, clothing and larger accessories in the centre, then sports equipment at the other end.
"The final result was a still-life composite of the essential items a man should have in his wardrobe inspired by Tommy Hilfiger's quintessentially all-American aesthetic," said Novembre.
Pieces were held in place by interlocking metal tubes and the whole installation was painted blue.
The display was installed at La Rinascente in Rome in September, before it was moved to the Milan store for October.
Fabio Novembre is pleased to announce a collaboration with Tommy Hilfiger for its Fall 2013 Tommy Hilfiger Tailored campaign to create an artistic window display. The unique installation will be revealed in the windows of La Rinascente in Rome from 10 to 23 September 2013, and then in La Rinascente in Milan from 8 to 14 October.
Titled "I Have a Lifestyle", the installation is Novembre's creative interpretation of a man's wardrobe, incorporating pieces from the Tommy Hilfiger Tailored collection. The piece features metal tubing with interlocking pipes running throughout, each coated with navy blue nitro and acrylic paint.
An expression of men's lifestyle, the final result is a still-life composite of the essential items a man should have in his wardrobe inspired by Tommy Hilfiger's quintessentially all-American aesthetic. Novembre's "I Have a Lifestyle" installation will appear in the windows of La Rinascente, Italy's most renowned department store, in both Rome and Milan.
- The Empty Chair by Maarten Baas for Am…nesty International
- Marcel Wanders and Arik Levy for 20ltd
- 11+ designs USB-powered portable humid…ifier
- Peter Saville interprets Lacoste's cro…codile logo for Holiday Collector polo shirts
- Terracotta lamps by Tomas Kral
- Jaime Hayón says his Groninger Museum… exhibition is full of "all kinds of crazy products"
- Makers With Agendas by Julien De Smedt… and William Ravn
- "There's a real sense of urgency for a… more critical design" - Beatrice Galilee at Dezeen Live
- Haptic Chair by Trine Kjaer Design Stu…dio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories