Dezeen Music Project: French artist Bertrand Lanthiez created this audiovisual installation by projecting white light along criss-crossing woollen threads (+ movie).
Called Sounds of Threads, the installation comprises strands of wool stretched between four wooden stands, with beams of white light projected across them in time to a piece of music.
"I was interested in questions of how sight can enhance hearing, or also disturb our balance in perceiving a multimedia-based bodily experience," said Lanthiez.
"I tried to demonstrate the power of our senses when they interact simultaneously," he added.
Lanthiez composed an original piece of music to use in the installation, which he exhibited earlier this year in Reykjavik.
- Collection #2 by Colonel
- Seaweed and paper combine to create furn…iture
- Colonel launches collection based on nom…adic furniture at Maison&Objet
- L.O.F.T by Maciek Wojcicki
- Postable by Studio Toer
- Movie: Stuart Haygarth at Design Miami
- Willmann Vase by Hanne Willmann has a gl…ass base and a concrete lid
- Building Tilelamp at Casa do Lado by 20.…87
- Interacket by Drap og Design is a jacket… that changes colour like a chameleon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories