Dezeen Music Project: French artist Bertrand Lanthiez created this audiovisual installation by projecting white light along criss-crossing woollen threads (+ movie).
Called Sounds of Threads, the installation comprises strands of wool stretched between four wooden stands, with beams of white light projected across them in time to a piece of music.
"I was interested in questions of how sight can enhance hearing, or also disturb our balance in perceiving a multimedia-based bodily experience," said Lanthiez.
"I tried to demonstrate the power of our senses when they interact simultaneously," he added.
Lanthiez composed an original piece of music to use in the installation, which he exhibited earlier this year in Reykjavik.
- Note Design Studio extends Silo lamp col…lection for Zero
- WasteLandscape by Elise Morin and Cléme…nce Eliard
- Acupuncture needles ripple across Izzy P…arker's Tactile Treatment cape
- Braun BN0076 at Dezeen Watch Store
- Royal Actual by Sam Baron
- Snog frozen yogurt shop by Cinimod Studi…o
- THINKK Studio and Studio 248at Ventura L…ambrate
- Ghost Chair collection by Design Drift
- Hilla Shamia casts tree trunks with molt…en aluminium to form furniture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories