Dezeen Music Project: French artist Bertrand Lanthiez created this audiovisual installation by projecting white light along criss-crossing woollen threads (+ movie).
Called Sounds of Threads, the installation comprises strands of wool stretched between four wooden stands, with beams of white light projected across them in time to a piece of music.
"I was interested in questions of how sight can enhance hearing, or also disturb our balance in perceiving a multimedia-based bodily experience," said Lanthiez.
"I tried to demonstrate the power of our senses when they interact simultaneously," he added.
Lanthiez composed an original piece of music to use in the installation, which he exhibited earlier this year in Reykjavik.
- Ron Arad: No Discipline at MOMA
- The Trestle by Bénédicte de Lescure …for La Corbeille
- Eggwave by WertelOberfell for Neff
- Scaffold Lights by Lanzavecchia + Wai
- Noir Collection by Barnaby Barford
- Mathilda by Patricia Urquiola for Moro…so
- L-INK lamp poster by Jean-Sébastien L…agrange
- Water=Life by Arik Levy
- "Marble is back in favour" say designe…rs at Milan 2014
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories