Dezeen Music Project: French artist Bertrand Lanthiez created this audiovisual installation by projecting white light along criss-crossing woollen threads (+ movie).
Called Sounds of Threads, the installation comprises strands of wool stretched between four wooden stands, with beams of white light projected across them in time to a piece of music.
"I was interested in questions of how sight can enhance hearing, or also disturb our balance in perceiving a multimedia-based bodily experience," said Lanthiez.
"I tried to demonstrate the power of our senses when they interact simultaneously," he added.
Lanthiez composed an original piece of music to use in the installation, which he exhibited earlier this year in Reykjavik.
- "In the future, design thinking is going… to be called emotionalism" – Roger Arquer
- INDEX: Award winners 2011
- Concept car by Ross Lovegrove for Renaul…t
- Wanders to launch sofa concept in London
- Cygnet by Aston Martin
- Hook pans by Karim Rashid for TVS
- Klara by Patricia Urquiola for Moroso
- C Collection by Yves Béhar for HBF
- Pop Rivet by TAF at Bench 10
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories