Dezeen Music Project: French artist Bertrand Lanthiez created this audiovisual installation by projecting white light along criss-crossing woollen threads (+ movie).
Called Sounds of Threads, the installation comprises strands of wool stretched between four wooden stands, with beams of white light projected across them in time to a piece of music.
"I was interested in questions of how sight can enhance hearing, or also disturb our balance in perceiving a multimedia-based bodily experience," said Lanthiez.
"I tried to demonstrate the power of our senses when they interact simultaneously," he added.
Lanthiez composed an original piece of music to use in the installation, which he exhibited earlier this year in Reykjavik.
- "We designed a sofa that we would want i…n our own home"
- Casa Slamp by Nigel Coates
- Drone grown from fungus-like material me…lts if it crash lands
- TAF imagines an impossible house with po…sters for Paper Collective
- Bold by Studio Job at Designhuis, Eindho…ven
- Neorustica by Jahara Studio
- Mirror Virus by Pieke Bergmans
- Vík Prjónsdóttir launches latest wing…-shaped blankets made from Icelandic wool
- Man Made Toronto by Stephen Burks
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories