Dezeen Music Project: French artist Bertrand Lanthiez created this audiovisual installation by projecting white light along criss-crossing woollen threads (+ movie).
Called Sounds of Threads, the installation comprises strands of wool stretched between four wooden stands, with beams of white light projected across them in time to a piece of music.
"I was interested in questions of how sight can enhance hearing, or also disturb our balance in perceiving a multimedia-based bodily experience," said Lanthiez.
"I tried to demonstrate the power of our senses when they interact simultaneously," he added.
Lanthiez composed an original piece of music to use in the installation, which he exhibited earlier this year in Reykjavik.
- FlexVaas by Vij5
- Dezeen Screen: Tom Dixon at The Dock
- Essence Collection by MSB
- Sebastian Cox uses coppiced wood to crea…te Underwood furniture collection
- Sessantuna by Gaetano Pesce for Cassina
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Ariane Prin
- Biome by Samuel Wilkinson
- Making of Zaha Hadid's NOVA shoes for Un…ited Nude
- Swell by Form Us With Love for Voice
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories