A single piece of felt wraps around the back and armrests of this solid wooden rocking chair by Rome designer Giancarlo Cutello (+ slideshow).
Cutello designed the Ivetta chair for Italian design brand Formabilio and it is made from locally sourced solid beech.
"The one-piece seat is attached to the leg structure using two wooden screw pegs, eliminating the need for the use of adhesive and allowing periodical adjustment of the seat," Cutello told Dezeen.
The Ivetta chair is available with or without the rockers and comes in blue or beige.
The seat is upholstered in the same fabric as the cover.
The chair is delivered flat-packed for self-assembly.
Photography is by Laura Pozzi.
- Yerin Do adds leather "parasites" to w…ooden furniture
- CRANE-IT by Micaela Nardella
- Il Fiore di Novembre by Fabio Novembre
- Ny Svensk Slöjd (Contemporary Swedish… Handicraft)
- Market by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for… Petite Friture
- Woven Furniture by AndreyAndShay
- All-in-one digital table for Ikea sugg…ests recipes based on leftover ingredients
- West End Design Quarter "promotes desi…gn in the heart of central London"
- Container lamp by Benjamin Hubert for …Ligne Roset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories