A single piece of felt wraps around the back and armrests of this solid wooden rocking chair by Rome designer Giancarlo Cutello (+ slideshow).
Cutello designed the Ivetta chair for Italian design brand Formabilio and it is made from locally sourced solid beech.
"The one-piece seat is attached to the leg structure using two wooden screw pegs, eliminating the need for the use of adhesive and allowing periodical adjustment of the seat," Cutello told Dezeen.
The Ivetta chair is available with or without the rockers and comes in blue or beige.
The seat is upholstered in the same fabric as the cover.
The chair is delivered flat-packed for self-assembly.
Photography is by Laura Pozzi.
- Tom Dixon launches "minimal and geometri…c" Plane light collection
- Tied-Up Pendant Lamp by Vitamin
- Hulger Indian Call Centre and The Replen…ishing Body movie
- Headless rooftop chickens by Rootoftwo r…espond to internet panic levels
- Gardenias by Jaime Hayón for BD Barcelo…na Design
- Cityscope by Marco Hemmerling
- Patricia Urquiola's Luna cabinet conceal…s items behind pivoting doors
- Design is Dead Pencil by Studiolav
- Simple Convenience iron by Laura Nelson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories