Ilya Tkach's Magnon light comprises just two pieces. LEDs are contained within a long wooden oak block, along with a magnet that runs down one edge.
The magnet allows this element to stick to the flat sides of a white metal stem, which sits at an angle to the circular base.
"The lamp is fixed on the base just by magnetic forces, and can be easily moved and rotated," said the designer.
The wooden baton can be used separately as a handheld torch or attached to other metal surfaces.
Small metal objects such as stationary can also be stored along the magnet to keep the desk clear.
- Pin Pres by OOO My Design
- Parrish by Konstantin Grcic for Emeco
- Teepee and Kanu by Konstantin Grcic
- Concrete Chair by Tejo Remy & René Veen…huizen
- Mourning Objects by Anna Schwamborn
- Brenno by Francesco Binfaré for Edra
- Chameleonic gemstones map brain activity… across headdress by The Unseen
- Art commissions at Heathrow Terminal Fiv…e
- TSAR by Florian Brillet
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories