Ilya Tkach's Magnon light comprises just two pieces. LEDs are contained within a long wooden oak block, along with a magnet that runs down one edge.
The magnet allows this element to stick to the flat sides of a white metal stem, which sits at an angle to the circular base.
"The lamp is fixed on the base just by magnetic forces, and can be easily moved and rotated," said the designer.
The wooden baton can be used separately as a handheld torch or attached to other metal surfaces.
Small metal objects such as stationary can also be stored along the magnet to keep the desk clear.
- Rio Cinema by 1:2:3 and Kristoffer Sun…din
- 3D scanning will be used to create "un…ique fitted clothing"
- Axis by Ramei Keum
- Loop by Oscar Diaz for Field
- Cox and Bacon build wooden structure w…ith a lower carbon footprint than an iPhone 6
- Jólan van der Wiel at Dezeen Platform
- Slip-cast link light by Sarah Moucher
- Industry by Tom Dixon
- Time Flies by Lisa Frode
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories