Ilya Tkach's Magnon light comprises just two pieces. LEDs are contained within a long wooden oak block, along with a magnet that runs down one edge.
The magnet allows this element to stick to the flat sides of a white metal stem, which sits at an angle to the circular base.
"The lamp is fixed on the base just by magnetic forces, and can be easily moved and rotated," said the designer.
The wooden baton can be used separately as a handheld torch or attached to other metal surfaces.
Small metal objects such as stationary can also be stored along the magnet to keep the desk clear.
- Ear Sofa by St Ely for Lerival
- Designed in Hackney: TN29 by Le Gun and …Tracey Neuls
- Design Miami 2007 catalogue
- TW35 40 by Tamawa
- Candela installation creates luminous pa…tterns as it spins inside dark V&A gallery
- Heal's unveils first fabric collection s…ince 1970s
- "Smart" bicycle by Vanhawks gives direct…ions with flashing lights and vibrating safety alerts
- Omer Polak and Michal Evyatar blow dough… into balloons to create colourful snacks
- Alcarol turns damaged marble-cutting wor…ktops into resin-coated tables
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories