Ilya Tkach's Magnon light comprises just two pieces. LEDs are contained within a long wooden oak block, along with a magnet that runs down one edge.
The magnet allows this element to stick to the flat sides of a white metal stem, which sits at an angle to the circular base.
"The lamp is fixed on the base just by magnetic forces, and can be easily moved and rotated," said the designer.
The wooden baton can be used separately as a handheld torch or attached to other metal surfaces.
Small metal objects such as stationary can also be stored along the magnet to keep the desk clear.
- Fabrica designers create nine unique obj…ects for L'ArcoBaleno
- Boombench by NL Architects
- Honey bees can be trained to detect canc…er "in ten minutes" says designer
- Food and Design videos: Philippe Starck
- Out of The Box by Tom Dixon, Front and 5….5 Designers
- 225 Forest Avenue by Michael Neumann Arc…hitecture
- The Fluke by BarberOsgerby 2
- Dora by Jeong Yong
- Afrofuture at La Rinascente
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories