Ilya Tkach's Magnon light comprises just two pieces. LEDs are contained within a long wooden oak block, along with a magnet that runs down one edge.
The magnet allows this element to stick to the flat sides of a white metal stem, which sits at an angle to the circular base.
"The lamp is fixed on the base just by magnetic forces, and can be easily moved and rotated," said the designer.
The wooden baton can be used separately as a handheld torch or attached to other metal surfaces.
Small metal objects such as stationary can also be stored along the magnet to keep the desk clear.
- The Beginning of Product Mutation by Wan…nayos Boonperm
- Ai Weiwei's Forever Bicycles installed a…t Palazzo Franchetti in Venice
- I was a teenager in the... by Fandango P…rojects
- Roadless wheels aim to help African farm…ers transport goods from remote villages
- Float by Benjamin Hubert for Unique Cope…nhagen
- Bon Marché to host Finn Juhl furniture …exhibition
- Well Done: a food company annual report …that has to be cooked first
- L’Oiseau by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec f…or Vitra
- Tropism: Commonwealth vs. Joshua Davis
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories