The practice hopes to upgrade the facilities and amenities of the site with what it calls "an innovative design that will create a sense of arrival, atmosphere and excitement".
The racecourse takes its name from the Curragh, a 1970-hectare grassland plain in County Kildare, Ireland, which has hosted horse racing for centuries.
Grimshaw Partner Kirsten Lees said: "The master plan provides an opportunity to review the site and the wider offer in a way that cherishes its existing qualities but also enables The Curragh to meet the demands of the future and continue to compete at an international level."
"The integration of the new grandstand into this beautiful setting will be carefully and sensitively handled to establish a connection and balance between the natural and the man-made," she added.
Grimshaw was selected following an international architectural design competition run by the Turf Club, which saw entries from more than 100 architecture firms.
- LALALA Arthotel in Sopot
- Frame House by The Marc Boutin Architect…ural Collaborative
- Timayui Kindergarten by el Equipo de Maz…zanti
- A-ring by Atelier Tekuto
- Faculty of Business Studies of Mondragon… University by Hoz Fontan Arquitectos
- Dutch Pavilion at Venice Architecture Bi…ennale 2012
- Numbers House by Mitsutomo Matsunami Arc…hitect & Associates
- Abu Dhabi World Trade Center by Foster +… Partners
- L40 by Roger Bundschuh and Cosima von Bo…nin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories