Nendo's boxy Brushstroke tables and seats for Glasitalia are formed from rectangular sheets of glass, which are decorated with streaked colours created by dragging layers of paint across the material.
"We brushed colour onto the transparent glass surface, then blew another layer of coloured paint on top," said the designers.
Scraped across in one direction, the resulting effect resembles the texture of wood grain.
"The tense perfection of glass' glossiness and smoothness fuses with handwork's imperfect texture to create an unusual material," added the designers.
The eight-piece set includes a side table, console, bench and dining table, and the top of each design overhangs its base.
A range of blue, grey and beige hues have been used for the different designs.
The collection will be shown in Milan in April, at both the Salone Internazionale del Mobile and Nendo's solo exhibition taking place at Via delle Erbe 2.
- BIG Chair Project for Jamie Oliver at …Republic of Fritz Hansen
- S+tarck with Ballantyne by Philippe St…arck
- Carafe with a chopped spout by Michael… Schoner
- Apparitions by Matali Crasset, Mathias… Gaillaguet and Michel Bulteau
- Appo by Carlo Trevisani
- "Working for everybody is a waste of e…nergy" - Hella Jongerius
- Cherry Tree by Tom Price
- Designed in Hackney: chandeliers by St…uart Haygarth
- Revolver by Henny van Nistelrooy at Th…e Temporium
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories