Milan 2014: Kitchen and bathroom equipment is lowered into islands made from engineered quartz material Caesarstone in this animated preview of an installation for the brand by London studio Raw Edges, to be unveiled in Milan next month (+ movie).
The movie shows models of these items attached to clasps or tied onto strings and lowered into the holes incorporated into each design.
Sinks, shelves and plants pots are all dropped into their specific places in the units. The animation will be realised as an interactive installation in Milan.
"For the Milan presentation we want to further-explore the concept of the sliding of objects into Caesarstone Islands," said Raw Edges founders Yael Mer and Shay Alkalay.
"The focus will be on the kitchen, which will be set as a working station - a stage for performing cooking."
The full Islands range includes units for the kitchen and bathroom, as well as sideboards and a ping pong table.
All the designs comprise a thin surface supported on two slices of the material and feature rounded corners.
Different units in the collection are made in various colours from the Casearstone range.
Following a preview of the products at the Interior Design Show in Toronto earlier this year, the installation will be presented at the Palazzo Clerici in Milan's Brera district from 9 to 13 April during the city's annual design week.
Photography is by Vicky Lam.
- Further discounts on Ziiiro watches in t…he Dezeen Watch Store end of summer sale
- Crystal Candy by Jaime Hayón
- Lost in Translation by Studio Makkink & …Bey
- World Cup footballers wear Battlepack bo…ots by Adidas
- Drawerment by Jaroslav Jurica
- “Milan is a breeding ground for people… who copy our products”
- Magno Tube Lamp by Doreen Westphal
- White Gold series by Roderick Vos
- Yi Chair by Michael Young for EOQ
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories