Milan 2014: Kitchen and bathroom equipment is lowered into islands made from engineered quartz material Caesarstone in this animated preview of an installation for the brand by London studio Raw Edges, to be unveiled in Milan next month (+ movie).
The movie shows models of these items attached to clasps or tied onto strings and lowered into the holes incorporated into each design.
Sinks, shelves and plants pots are all dropped into their specific places in the units. The animation will be realised as an interactive installation in Milan.
"For the Milan presentation we want to further-explore the concept of the sliding of objects into Caesarstone Islands," said Raw Edges founders Yael Mer and Shay Alkalay.
"The focus will be on the kitchen, which will be set as a working station - a stage for performing cooking."
The full Islands range includes units for the kitchen and bathroom, as well as sideboards and a ping pong table.
All the designs comprise a thin surface supported on two slices of the material and feature rounded corners.
Different units in the collection are made in various colours from the Casearstone range.
Following a preview of the products at the Interior Design Show in Toronto earlier this year, the installation will be presented at the Palazzo Clerici in Milan's Brera district from 9 to 13 April during the city's annual design week.
Photography is by Vicky Lam.
- Marc Fornes creates pink "envelope of ex…periential tension" for Situation Room installation
- Record by Achille Castiglioni at Dezeen …Wach Store
- As If From Nowhere by Orla Reynolds
- Dezeen Studio: Sundayat MOST
- Stack by Shay Alkalay
- Somewhere In Between by Andrew Aloisio
- Ro armchair by Jaime Hayón for Republic… of Fritz Hansen
- Windowseat Lounge by Mike & Maaike for H…aworth Collection
- Kora Vases by Studiopepe for Spotti Ediz…ioni
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories