News: the United States Mint has produced its first contact lens-shaped coins to commemorate 75 years of the National Baseball Hall of Fame.
The United States Mint has issued $5 gold coins, $1 silver coins and half-dollar clad coins coated in an alloy, which have concave "heads" sides and convex "tails" sides.
All three designs feature baseball motifs to celebrate the USA's National Baseball Hall of Fame, which turns 75 this year.
The front face is decorated with a baseball mitt and inscribed with the text "Liberty - In God We Trust", which has appeared on all US coins in 1864, along with the year produced.
Stitches used on baseballs pattern the raised sides of the coins, where the amount each one is worth is written out.
The limited-edition coins will go on sale from 27 March.
- Jonas Wagell expands Swell sofa range fo…r Normann Copenhagen
- Apparitions by Matali Crasset, Mathias G…aillaguet and Michel Bulteau
- Campana Brothers at the V&A
- BRCK portable internet router by Ushahid…i "designed to work anywhere"
- Welcome Back bus by Héctor Serrano Stud…io, Miñarro García and Javier Esteban
- Robox by Fabio Novembre
- Friends of Steel and Miklimeir by Katrin… Olina
- Matteo Thun for VitrA
- Vendôme by Kram/Weisshaar
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories