The designers worked with a glass artist to form a series hand-blown bulbs from recycled material.
Each fluorescent lamp is a different shape and patterned with bubbles created during the blowing process.
"The bubbles inside each unique shape help produce a distinctive ethereal light," said the designers.
Suspended from wires at various heights around the small room, the 36 "water balloons" pulsate with light in the dark space.
"We strived to create a space where [visitors] can catch a glimmer of a new natural environment," the designers added.
Photography is by Masaki Ogawa.
- Communicator by Martí Guixé for Alessi
- Tokujin Yoshioka installation at Design …Miami
- Tron chair by Dror
- ScanLAB and Pernilla Ohrstedt create a p…hysical "point cloud" at designjunction
- Design Museum Collection App: cameras
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills by Philippe S…tarck
- Shrink by Nicola Zocca
- Deafinite Style by Designaffairs Studio
- "Customers grow old with our shoes, not …bored with them" - Tracey Neuls
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories