The designers worked with a glass artist to form a series hand-blown bulbs from recycled material.
Each fluorescent lamp is a different shape and patterned with bubbles created during the blowing process.
"The bubbles inside each unique shape help produce a distinctive ethereal light," said the designers.
Suspended from wires at various heights around the small room, the 36 "water balloons" pulsate with light in the dark space.
"We strived to create a space where [visitors] can catch a glimmer of a new natural environment," the designers added.
Photography is by Masaki Ogawa.
- Moonbird by Yukio Hashimoto for Yamagiwa
- Sofa by Satyendra Pakhalé for Hästens
- The Last Laugh by William Andrews for Mr… Jones Watches at Dezeen Watch Store
- I Love Copyright by e-glue
- Scholten & Baijings exhibit retrospectiv…e at Villa Noailles
- PLET Table by Reinier de Jong
- Intanto by Mario Trimarchi for Alessi
- Design Academy Eindhoven in Milan 2
- Dezeen Screen: Moody Couch by Hanna Emel…ie Ernsting
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories