The designers worked with a glass artist to form a series hand-blown bulbs from recycled material.
Each fluorescent lamp is a different shape and patterned with bubbles created during the blowing process.
"The bubbles inside each unique shape help produce a distinctive ethereal light," said the designers.
Suspended from wires at various heights around the small room, the 36 "water balloons" pulsate with light in the dark space.
"We strived to create a space where [visitors] can catch a glimmer of a new natural environment," the designers added.
Photography is by Masaki Ogawa.
- 3D weaving can "reduce cost and improv…e structural integrity" in architecture
- Pretty Vacant by Rietveld Landscape
- Dennis Parren creates colourful lighti…ng installations for Saint-Etienne design biennial
- Smári McCarthy at Me Craft/You Indust…ry
- I Love Copyright by e-glue
- Newcastle sofas by Giulio Iacchetti fo…r Meritalia
- Knotted by Judith van den Boom and Sha…ron Geschiere
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Sylvi…o Giardina
- Wind by Maarten Baas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories