The designers worked with a glass artist to form a series hand-blown bulbs from recycled material.
Each fluorescent lamp is a different shape and patterned with bubbles created during the blowing process.
"The bubbles inside each unique shape help produce a distinctive ethereal light," said the designers.
Suspended from wires at various heights around the small room, the 36 "water balloons" pulsate with light in the dark space.
"We strived to create a space where [visitors] can catch a glimmer of a new natural environment," the designers added.
Photography is by Masaki Ogawa.
- Punkt. DP 01 by Jasper Morrison
- Boxes by five Japanese architects: Derol…l curated by Eizo Okada
- David Bowie is at the V&A
- Lulu lamp by Jean-Sébastien Lagrange
- Crown Vase by Lambert Rainville creates …freestanding flower arrangements
- Future Primitives by Muller Van Severen
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness by Stud…io Makkink & Bey
- Gene Cafe by Gwenael Lewis for Bocci
- De La Espada launches new collection wit…h a chair by Luca Nichetto
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories