GamFratesi will be presenting side table TS, the Beetle Bar Chair and a new swivel base for the Masculo chair.
The TS side table features a circular marble top in Bianco Carrara, Nero Marquina, Verde Guatemala or Marrone Emperador, atop a geometric lacquered black frame. The tables come in three heights, so that they work together as a group and can also be used separately.
An iteration of the Beetle Chair introduced in Milan last year, the Beetle Bar Chair offers the same comfort at bar height, something that traditional bar stools often lack.
The Masculo chair was GamFratesi's first design to make it into production. They have now added a swivel base, which gives the chair a new role in business environments and home offices.
Every year curators Caterina Mosca and Valerio Castelli invite selected designers to tell their "urban stories" in unusual locations. This year the event is at Palazzo Litta in Corso Magenta.
GamFratesi designers Stine Gam and Enrico Fratesi anticipate that the Baroque setting will provide an appropriate backdrop for their work. "We've often been inspired by art, whilst also being aware of the heritage of design," said Fratesi.
Urban Stories will also feature projects by Alvin Huang, Daniel Libeskind and Emmanuel Babled in collaboration with companies including Volvo and Venini Glass.
Gubi will be showing new work by GamFratesi at Urban Stories Tuesday 8 April – Saturday 12 April 12noon - 10 pm and Sunday 13 April 12noon - 6 pm. Palazzo Litta, Corso Magenta 24, 20123 Milan.
- Sneaker Speaker by Ray Kingston Inc.
- Swarovski Ginza store by Tokujin Yoshiok…a 2
- Chris Martin's sofa system for Massprodu…ctions zigzags around corners
- Pernilla Ohrstedt demonstrates how "our …world will be captured in digital form"
- Theca and Steelwood Galva by Ronan and E…rwan Bouroullec for Magis
- Sou Fujimoto stacks aluminium boxes to f…orm "nomadic" house installation in Paris
- Bodo Sperlein debuts for Lladró
- Kaide-taide by Company
- Local Collection by Maxim Velčovský
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories