The wooden Merano chairs and bar stools and the Stelvio table complement the Merano armchair that Gufler designed for TON in 2010.
"I wanted the chairs to make an aesthetic impression as sculptures but on the other hand I wanted them to be comfortable and practical," says Gufler. "The Merano chairs and bar stools therefore combine the bottom design made of solid wood with harmonic shapes of bent plywood in the seat and backrest."
The chairs are available in beech, oak and American walnut and can be upholstered on request. They are lightweight, stackable and do not contain any screws or metal pieces. The barstools come in two heights.
Gufler describes the Stelvio as "a large table with solid legs, rounded edges and timeless design." The Merano chair and armchair both tuck comfortably under the table.
TON will be showing the Merano chairs and bar stools and the Stelvio table at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile, Hall 12 Stand B21, in Milan from 8 to 13 April .
- 200 Series Calendar Wristwatch by Unifor…m Wares
- Established & Sons in Milan
- Made in Asia by Andreas Saxer
- Dieter Rams at Moss in Los Angeles
- F-A-B chairs by Färg & Blanche
- Lifelike Design by Kwangho Lee at Huntin…g and Collecting
- Hedda Torgersen's anthropomorphic Boo la…mp to be exhibited at 100% Norway
- Kelp Objects by Julia Lohmann
- Clamp Desk by Paul Coudamy & Benoit Coul…ondres
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories