Milan 2014: Dezeen readers can download the first in a series of experimental publications created by Jospeh Grima's algorithmic journalism machine in Milan, including content from talks by Clemens Weisshaar and Atelier Bow Wow.
The highly experimental Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) project is printing free newspapers from a mobile unit in Milan, scraping content from a series of talks called On the Fly as well as social media channels.
The three PDFs downloadable now from Dezeen were generated last night by an algorithmic journalism machine, using software that combines voice recognition technology and social media content posted using the #OnTheFlyMilan hashtag.
It is the first time the software, developed by design research collective Space Caviar, has been tried in a real-world environment.
This evening's talks focus on the theme of seamlessness and ask whether consistency is good for design. Members of the public anywhere in the world can contribute on social media using the #OnTheFlyMilan hashtag.
All the talks are free to attend and take place in Nike's Aero-static Dome at Palazzo Clerici in Milan between 5pm and 7pm.
Find out more about the FOMO project.
- Arne Quinze at Galerie Pierre Bergé & A…ssociés
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Brendan Magenn…is
- Freedom of Creation in Milan
- Chair Farm by Werner Aisslingerat Ventur…a Lambrate
- Dezeen Screen: VUE watch by Yves Behar
- Bon Marché to host Finn Juhl furniture …exhibition
- 1/5 scale paper chair by Taiji Fujimori
- Short by Short by Hironobu Yamabe for E&…Y
- Story Vases by Front
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories