Milan 2014: Dezeen readers can download the first in a series of experimental publications created by Jospeh Grima's algorithmic journalism machine in Milan, including content from talks by Clemens Weisshaar and Atelier Bow Wow.
The highly experimental Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) project is printing free newspapers from a mobile unit in Milan, scraping content from a series of talks called On the Fly as well as social media channels.
The three PDFs downloadable now from Dezeen were generated last night by an algorithmic journalism machine, using software that combines voice recognition technology and social media content posted using the #OnTheFlyMilan hashtag.
It is the first time the software, developed by design research collective Space Caviar, has been tried in a real-world environment.
This evening's talks focus on the theme of seamlessness and ask whether consistency is good for design. Members of the public anywhere in the world can contribute on social media using the #OnTheFlyMilan hashtag.
All the talks are free to attend and take place in Nike's Aero-static Dome at Palazzo Clerici in Milan between 5pm and 7pm.
Find out more about the FOMO project.
- Il Hoon Roh weaves carbon fibre string i…nto curved armchair
- LightHive by Alex Haw
- Studio Makkink & Bey create furniture fo…r a nomadic living room
- The Thread Wrapping Machine by Anton Alv…arez
- Fan Table by Mauricio Affonso at Ventura… Lambrate
- Berlin stove tiles by Daniel Becker Desi…gn Studio
- Spring Wood by Carolien Laro
- Inga Sempé's Beau Fixe seating is clamp…ed into shape
- Reel Cabinet and Tie Desk by Carlsten Th…ostrup
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories