Milan 2014: Dezeen readers can download the first in a series of experimental publications created by Jospeh Grima's algorithmic journalism machine in Milan, including content from talks by Clemens Weisshaar and Atelier Bow Wow.
The highly experimental Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) project is printing free newspapers from a mobile unit in Milan, scraping content from a series of talks called On the Fly as well as social media channels.
The three PDFs downloadable now from Dezeen were generated last night by an algorithmic journalism machine, using software that combines voice recognition technology and social media content posted using the #OnTheFlyMilan hashtag.
It is the first time the software, developed by design research collective Space Caviar, has been tried in a real-world environment.
This evening's talks focus on the theme of seamlessness and ask whether consistency is good for design. Members of the public anywhere in the world can contribute on social media using the #OnTheFlyMilan hashtag.
All the talks are free to attend and take place in Nike's Aero-static Dome at Palazzo Clerici in Milan between 5pm and 7pm.
Find out more about the FOMO project.
- Hellraiser by Karim Rashid for Alessi
- Lagrange34 chocolate by Jjuice
- Blå Station's Poppe chair is just 33 ce…ntimetres wide
- My Way talks with Design Academy Eindhov…en
- David Adjaye, Piet Hein Eek and more on …the Dezeen Watch Store blog
- Poles Apart by Adrian Bergman
- Nendo manipulates metal to form Softer t…han Steel furniture collection
- Architonic presents products from Salone… del Mobile and Euroluce 2009
- 10% off Dezeen Watch Store at The Tempor…ium plus win a Christmas goodie bag worth over £100
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories