The Knot Trestle was designed by Cecilie Manz with two typical trestle frameworks and a grained ash tabletop, which are fixed together using nothing but lengths of unsanded leather.
"The functionality is honest and simple as we know it: two trestles plus one table top equals table, but the construction varies from many classic trestles," said Menu.
The leather strips are fed through narrow slits in the trestles and then tied together to create prominent knots, removing the need for screws or other fixings.
"The use of full-grain leather and the grained ash wood gives the design a playful, innovative and strong look," added Menu.
- Blue D1653 by Arian Brekveld, Chris Koen…s and Damian O'Sullivan for Royal Delft
- Mary Katrantzou contrasts Modernist shap…es with "horror vacui" details for Autumn Winter 2015
- Tjirp by Cas Moor
- Happaratus "power glove" carves objects …with its fingertips
- Bamboo-steel chair by Nendo for Yii
- New products by Conof.
- VOID at Interiors UK
- Form Us With Love designs plastic seatin…g range for Ikea
- Norse chair by Simon Pengelly for Modus
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories