The Knot Trestle was designed by Cecilie Manz with two typical trestle frameworks and a grained ash tabletop, which are fixed together using nothing but lengths of unsanded leather.
"The functionality is honest and simple as we know it: two trestles plus one table top equals table, but the construction varies from many classic trestles," said Menu.
The leather strips are fed through narrow slits in the trestles and then tied together to create prominent knots, removing the need for screws or other fixings.
"The use of full-grain leather and the grained ash wood gives the design a playful, innovative and strong look," added Menu.
- Shadow City by Izabela Boloz
- Paralympic design: Nike Spike Pad for Os…car Pistorius
- Mini Dada rocking chair by Claudio Coluc…ci
- Fungus chairs by MAD
- Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel
- Behind the scenes with Dominic Wilcox ma…king his "stained-glass driverless car"
- New work from Tom Dixon
- Nivea packaging by Yves Béhar and fusep…roject
- Skin Secret by I-Ting Ho
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories