The Knot Trestle was designed by Cecilie Manz with two typical trestle frameworks and a grained ash tabletop, which are fixed together using nothing but lengths of unsanded leather.
"The functionality is honest and simple as we know it: two trestles plus one table top equals table, but the construction varies from many classic trestles," said Menu.
The leather strips are fed through narrow slits in the trestles and then tied together to create prominent knots, removing the need for screws or other fixings.
"The use of full-grain leather and the grained ash wood gives the design a playful, innovative and strong look," added Menu.
- Dezeen Watch Store: Grow by Andrea Morga…nte for Alessi
- Dezeen Screen: NewspaperWood by Mieke Me…ijer and Vij5
- Interview: Strida bike designer Mark San…ders
- New products by Conof.
- Aurora by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Shades for Make Lamp by Hanieh Heidaraba…di can be custom 3D-printed
- Cancer City by Visiondivision
- Bodo Sperlein chandeliers for Lladró
- Tuomas Markunpoika mills coloured pencil…s to create Amalgamated vases
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories