Clique is a new Milan-based design brand that aims to combine electronics with traditional craftsmanship to create multifunctional furniture and products.
The company, founded by designers Claudio Larcher, Filippo Protasoni and Simone Simonelli, engages Italian workshops to manufacture its products from materials including marble, solid wood and a coloured wood fibre and resin composite called Valchromat.
"Clique is the encounter of two illusory distant backgrounds: furniture design and electronic/electric appliance," said the designers. "It opens a new window on the market, merging analogue and digital practice, virtual and physical attitudes with the use of CNC machines and cutting-edge equipment."
The Echo bookcase by Claudio Larcher features a marble shelf with rounded edges for storing books, as well as an integrated speaker housed in a smooth marble casing.
Larcher's Heatty fan heater features a wooden base supporting a sculpted marble container for the heating element, which extends upwards to provide space for a series of small pegs.
The Rocchetto table by Filippo Protasoni incorporates a portable power socket that slots into a gap in the table surface when not in use and can be unravelled from around the circular base to reach across the room.
Protasoni's Refill seating system is designed for use in waiting areas and comprises triangular upholstered elements with built-in surfaces that incorporate wireless chargers.
K by Simone Simonelli is a compact kitchen featuring an induction hob inlaid into its marble top. The unit is supported by a base of turned wood.
Simonelli also designed the Cimmy ultrasonic humidifier, which is constructed from cylinders and discs of black and white marble.
Clique launched the collection at the Ventura Lambrate design district during last month's Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
Photography is by Silvia Rivoltella.
- Debut collection by Herman Cph includes …oak tables with spindly steel legs
- Flat-pack furniture assembled with magne…ts by Benjamin Vermeulen
- Grid Plank and Grid Table by Daphna Laur…ens
- Meeraboo FL-1 by Victor Vetterlein
- Jeonghwa Seo explores contrasts with Mat…erial Container Series
- Z-shaped clothes hanger easily fits thro…ugh the neck hole
- Architecting the Future at Miami Design …District
- LQ chandeliers by Hani Rashid for Zumtob…el
- MoMA Design Store presents Kickstarter-f…unded products at New York Design Week
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories