Dezeen showroom

fluit chairs by actiu with and without armrests

Fluit chair by Archirivolto Design for Actiu

Dezeen Showroom: furniture brand Actiu has launched Fluit, a chair made from recycled polypropylene plastic and fibreglass.

Made in collaboration with Italian studio Archirivolto Design, Fluit is available with or without arms and in a variety of colours, including mustard, white, black, grey and green.

green, white and yellow actiu chairs with and without armrests
The chairs are suitable for use both indoors and outdoors

Actiu describes the chair as "a slim and robust piece capable of adapting to different corporate and hospitality environments".

"Fluit is a sustainable chair with meticulously created shapes for multifunctional environments that represents an innovation from a technical and a design point of view," the brand continued.

black fluit chairs by actiu around a table
Fluit is designed for home, work and hospitality settings

Designed to be lightweight, aesthetic and stable, the chair was informed by a 16th century Dutch sailing ship named Fluyt.

80 per cent of the chair's materials comes from recycled plastic from the agricultural food sector. The remaining 20 per cent is recycled fibreglass, which strengthens the chair's resistance.

Fluit chairs are stackable and have UV protection, making them suitable for both indoor and outdoor settings.

Product: Fluit
Designer: Archirivolto Design
Brand: Actiu
Contact: [email protected]

Dezeen Showroom

Dezeen Showroom offers an affordable space for brands to launch new products and showcase their designers and projects to Dezeen's huge global audience. For more details email [email protected].

Dezeen Showroom is an example of partnership content on Dezeen. Find out more about partnership content here.

More images