This was the year that car brand MINI relaunched its visual identity and made the leap into designing lifestyle concepts. It embraced the sharing economy with its Airbnb-style vehicle rent scheme and MINI Living installation in Milan, which explored the idea of shared accommodation as a solution to the housing crisis.
It hasn't all been lifestyle-related though: MINI's futuristic concept car which changes colour depending on the driver's mood proved popular with readers.
Dezeen's long-term collaboration with MINI has produced three exclusive video series, MINI Frontiers, MINI World Tour and most recently Most Loved, which profiles design classics.
A movie about Imogen Heap's music-making gloves went viral on Dezeen's Youtube channel, won a Webby Award and became our highest ranking MINI story ever.
1. These gloves will "change the way we make music," says Imogen Heap
2. MINI presents shared living spaces as a solution to the affordable housing crisis in cities
3. MINI relaunches its brand and offers Airbnb-style sharing to car owners
4. MINI's augmented-reality glasses allow drivers to see through the body of their car
5. BMW's MINI Vision Next 100 concept car changes colour depending on the driver's mood