Design Miami update: WOKmedia, the London-based design team consisting of Julie Mathias and Wolfgang Kaeppner, have presented a furniture collection called Made in China.
The work consists of antique Chinese tables and benches decorated with children's toys and then painted white. The conceptual piece explores childhood memories and comments on the fact that 80% of children's toys are manufactured in China.
Made in China is part of a body of work shown by Contrasts, the Shanghai gallery owned by Pearl Lam, at the Moore Building during Design Miami.
- Cut it Out by Noma Bar at Outline Editio…ns
- Martijn van Strien launches experimental… fashion label with laser-cut garments
- Emeco launches seat pads for the classic… but cold 1006 Navy Chair
- Pillhead lamps by A+Z Design
- Join Table by Ding3000
- Transformation and Distribution Centre f…or Abandoned Household Items by Joost Gehem
- Dezeen Platform: Clinton Sheldon
- La Grande by Reinhard Dienes for Antholo…gy Quartett
- Dyslexic Objects win New Designer of the… Year Award 2013
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories