Design Miami update: WOKmedia, the London-based design team consisting of Julie Mathias and Wolfgang Kaeppner, have presented a furniture collection called Made in China.
The work consists of antique Chinese tables and benches decorated with children's toys and then painted white. The conceptual piece explores childhood memories and comments on the fact that 80% of children's toys are manufactured in China.
Made in China is part of a body of work shown by Contrasts, the Shanghai gallery owned by Pearl Lam, at the Moore Building during Design Miami.
- Tax Forms by FormNation
- Beater by Ding3000 for Normann Copenha…gen
- Joined + Jointed collection
- OpenKnit is an open source 3D-knitting… machine that creates garments in just one hour
- Biomass by Ahhaproject
- Led Zeppelin by Arthur Analts
- Dezeen archive: shoes by architects
- Jeonghwa Seo explores contrasts with M…aterial Container Series
- New Jawbone by Yves Béhar
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories