Design Miami update: WOKmedia, the London-based design team consisting of Julie Mathias and Wolfgang Kaeppner, have presented a furniture collection called Made in China.
The work consists of antique Chinese tables and benches decorated with children's toys and then painted white. The conceptual piece explores childhood memories and comments on the fact that 80% of children's toys are manufactured in China.
Made in China is part of a body of work shown by Contrasts, the Shanghai gallery owned by Pearl Lam, at the Moore Building during Design Miami.
- Gifu by María del Pilar Velasco and Pau… Stephens
- Weaver's Nest by Animal Farm
- Pascal Smelik's Pixel Cabinet is joined …by clusters of wooden cubes
- California Pastoral by Jeremy Quinn
- Louise Bennetts constructs fashion colle…ction from cork and horsehair
- Paperpulp by Debbie Wijskamp
- New 351 Series by Uniform Wares now avai…lable at Dezeen Watch Store
- Design Academy Eindhoven in Milan
- Voyage to Uchronia by Matali Crasset at …Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories