Design Miami update: WOKmedia, the London-based design team consisting of Julie Mathias and Wolfgang Kaeppner, have presented a furniture collection called Made in China.
The work consists of antique Chinese tables and benches decorated with children's toys and then painted white. The conceptual piece explores childhood memories and comments on the fact that 80% of children's toys are manufactured in China.
Made in China is part of a body of work shown by Contrasts, the Shanghai gallery owned by Pearl Lam, at the Moore Building during Design Miami.
- Magnetic Bike Lights by Copenhagen Parts
- Versatile lamp by Tuomas Auvinen wins Mu…uto Talent Award
- Robox by Fabio Novembre
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Florian Schmid
- Empty Light by Amanda Buckley
- NewspaperWood by Mieke Meijer and Vij5
- Croatian designer creates giant light sh…ow by illuminating shipyard cranes
- Furniture that looks like giant sweets b…y Matthias Borowski
- Echos by Pour les Alpes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories