Design Miami update: WOKmedia, the London-based design team consisting of Julie Mathias and Wolfgang Kaeppner, have presented a furniture collection called Made in China.
The work consists of antique Chinese tables and benches decorated with children's toys and then painted white. The conceptual piece explores childhood memories and comments on the fact that 80% of children's toys are manufactured in China.
Made in China is part of a body of work shown by Contrasts, the Shanghai gallery owned by Pearl Lam, at the Moore Building during Design Miami.
- Seating for Eating by Studioilse
- Campana brothers cover wooden furniture …with doormats
- Richard Hutten designs combined conferen…ce and ping pong table
- Stitch by Pepe Heykoop
- Nespresso Battery by Mischer’Traxler
- Blickfang designworkshop: designers
- Oogst 1000 Wonderland by Tjep.
- Inga Sempé adds functions to the clip l…amp for Wästberg
- Jeremy Maxwell Wintrebert installs "simp…le, geometric shapes" at London's V&A
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories