Design Miami update: WOKmedia, the London-based design team consisting of Julie Mathias and Wolfgang Kaeppner, have presented a furniture collection called Made in China.
The work consists of antique Chinese tables and benches decorated with children's toys and then painted white. The conceptual piece explores childhood memories and comments on the fact that 80% of children's toys are manufactured in China.
Made in China is part of a body of work shown by Contrasts, the Shanghai gallery owned by Pearl Lam, at the Moore Building during Design Miami.
- Plantation pots combine hand-thrown porc…elain with discarded glasses
- Oato's porcelain vases fit together to f…orm miniature "landscapes"
- Banksy on Essex Road
- International Biennial of Graphic Design… in Brno
- AC02 Jewel by Saskia Diez for e15
- Moritz Waldemeyer in Milan
- Tokujin Yoshioka designs all-glass wardr…obe for Glas Italia
- Big-Game launches range of multi-faceted… door handles
- PAD by Alejandro Zaera Polo for Dynamobe…l
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories