Yet more from Miami, yet more from Marcel Wanders: Morgans Hotel Group has sent us images of Wanders' interior designs for Mondrian South Beach, a hotel residence on Biscayne Bay at Miami's South Beach.
Wanders' concept is a “Sleeping Beauty’s castle," with the 342 loft-style studios and apartments furnished by the designer towering above fantasy gardens.
Wanders will extend the already-completed curved building to form a semi-circular structure, with rooms resembling theatre boxes overlooking the gardens and pool below.
Mondrian South Beach, which opens in December 2007, is a brand extension of Morgans Hotel Group's Mondrian hotel in Los Angeles.
It was launched during Art Basel Miami Beach and Design Miami earlier this month, where Wanders' Happy Hour Chandelier got an outing (see photo below).
Morgans Hotel Group owns and operates hotels including the Morgans, Royalton and Hudson hotels in New York; Delano and The Shore Club in Miami and Sanderson and St. Martins Lane in London.
>> More dezeen stories on Marcel Wanders here.
>> More dezeen stories on Design Miami here.
- Alwyne Place by Lipton Plant Architect…s
- Waste House by BBM is "UK's first perm…anent building made from rubbish"
- Herzog & de Meuron creates naturally f…iltered swimming pool in Switzerland
- Casa Mava by Gubbins Arquitectos
- Flight Assembled Architecture - previe…w
- Ark Nova by Arata Isozaki and Anish Ka…poor
- VISUAL & the George Bernard Shaw Theat…re by Terry Pawson Architects
- Research Centre for Université Pierre… et Marie Curie by BIG and OFF
- IHRMK's house with a staggered profile… looks out over a landscape of paddy fields
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories