Yet more from Miami, yet more from Marcel Wanders: Morgans Hotel Group has sent us images of Wanders' interior designs for Mondrian South Beach, a hotel residence on Biscayne Bay at Miami's South Beach.
Wanders' concept is a “Sleeping Beauty’s castle," with the 342 loft-style studios and apartments furnished by the designer towering above fantasy gardens.
Wanders will extend the already-completed curved building to form a semi-circular structure, with rooms resembling theatre boxes overlooking the gardens and pool below.
Mondrian South Beach, which opens in December 2007, is a brand extension of Morgans Hotel Group's Mondrian hotel in Los Angeles.
It was launched during Art Basel Miami Beach and Design Miami earlier this month, where Wanders' Happy Hour Chandelier got an outing (see photo below).
Morgans Hotel Group owns and operates hotels including the Morgans, Royalton and Hudson hotels in New York; Delano and The Shore Club in Miami and Sanderson and St. Martins Lane in London.
>> More dezeen stories on Marcel Wanders here.
>> More dezeen stories on Design Miami here.
- Leo Qvarsebo designs himself a triangula…r summer house in the Swedish countryside
- Gardens by the Bay by Grant Associates a…nd Wilkinson Eyre Architects
- Schaustelle by J. Mayer H.
- Barrakka Lift by Architecture Project
- Hugh Strange Architects slots architectu…ral archive inside old farmyard barn
- RIBA Stirling Prize shortlist 2009
- House of Wakayama by Yoshio Ohno Archite…ct & Associates
- Department of Islamic Arts at Musée du …Louvre by Mario Bellini and Rudy Ricciotti
- Red mesh shades the interior of a farm v…isitor centre by Vector Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories