Yet more from Miami, yet more from Marcel Wanders: Morgans Hotel Group has sent us images of Wanders' interior designs for Mondrian South Beach, a hotel residence on Biscayne Bay at Miami's South Beach.
Wanders' concept is a “Sleeping Beauty’s castle," with the 342 loft-style studios and apartments furnished by the designer towering above fantasy gardens.
Wanders will extend the already-completed curved building to form a semi-circular structure, with rooms resembling theatre boxes overlooking the gardens and pool below.
Mondrian South Beach, which opens in December 2007, is a brand extension of Morgans Hotel Group's Mondrian hotel in Los Angeles.
It was launched during Art Basel Miami Beach and Design Miami earlier this month, where Wanders' Happy Hour Chandelier got an outing (see photo below).
Morgans Hotel Group owns and operates hotels including the Morgans, Royalton and Hudson hotels in New York; Delano and The Shore Club in Miami and Sanderson and St. Martins Lane in London.
>> More dezeen stories on Marcel Wanders here.
>> More dezeen stories on Design Miami here.
- Jonathan Tuckey Design adds glazed exten…sion to Grade II-listed Yew Tree House
- Q-house by asensio_mah
- Brooks Avenue House by Bricault Design
- Branched Offices by Projectiles
- The Run Run Shaw Creative Media Centre b…y Daniel Libeskind
- Hotel Ballymun
- Kew Tree Top Walkway by Marks Barfield A…rchitects
- Manaus stadium by GMP Architekten hosts …four World Cup football matches
- Ginan House by Keitaro Muto Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories