Gagosian Gallery in New York has released images of two new works by Marc Newson, in advance of the major exhibition of limited-edition pieces by the designer that opens later this month.
Voronoi Shelf (above) and Extruded Chair (below) are made of white Carrera marble and are produced in editions of eight.
The exhibition is significant as it is the first time legendary art gallerist Larry Gagosian has mounted a major show by a designer.
Other new pieces will include a series of large, meshed metal forms called Random Pak; a nickel surfboard; and a folding knife in sintered bronze and Damascus steel.
Newson has become the most collectable designer in the world following the sale at auction last summer of one of his Lockheed Lounge chairs for just under $1 million - a world record for a piece by a living designer.
The show runs at the Gagosian Gallery, 555 West 24th Street, from 25 January to March 3.
> more design news from dezeen here
- Jonah Takagi: New American Designer at C…ivilian Art Projects
- Parked car is upended on a tarmac wave i…n Alex Chinneck installation
- New Designers awards 2008
- Sebastian Cox and Lorna Singleton use an…cient crafting technique to weave wooden furniture
- Design Museum Collection App: kitchenwar…e
- Noooodle by Ding3000
- One engine fits all in Re-do Studio's Bi…o 50 project
- Blood pack of Santa Claus by Kiseung Lee
- Olivier van Herpt 3D-prints functional c…eramic objects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories