Gagosian Gallery in New York has released images of two new works by Marc Newson, in advance of the major exhibition of limited-edition pieces by the designer that opens later this month.
Voronoi Shelf (above) and Extruded Chair (below) are made of white Carrera marble and are produced in editions of eight.
The exhibition is significant as it is the first time legendary art gallerist Larry Gagosian has mounted a major show by a designer.
Other new pieces will include a series of large, meshed metal forms called Random Pak; a nickel surfboard; and a folding knife in sintered bronze and Damascus steel.
Newson has become the most collectable designer in the world following the sale at auction last summer of one of his Lockheed Lounge chairs for just under $1 million - a world record for a piece by a living designer.
The show runs at the Gagosian Gallery, 555 West 24th Street, from 25 January to March 3.
> more design news from dezeen here
- Movie: Clerkenwell Design Week 2012
- Carved Bowls store small objects in scoo…ped-out sections
- Absent Nature by Arik Levy
- SKVIĢS by Siggi Eggertsson at Spark Des…ign Space
- Nendo's second Draftsman watch is based …on circular stencils
- Bespoke Sex Toys by Made to Pleasure
- Featured event: Show RCA 2011
- Bottle watch is based on "graphic folly …that intrigued me" says Sam Hecht
- "My sketches are really awful" - Nendo's… Oki Sato
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories