Gagosian Gallery in New York has released images of two new works by Marc Newson, in advance of the major exhibition of limited-edition pieces by the designer that opens later this month.
Voronoi Shelf (above) and Extruded Chair (below) are made of white Carrera marble and are produced in editions of eight.
The exhibition is significant as it is the first time legendary art gallerist Larry Gagosian has mounted a major show by a designer.
Other new pieces will include a series of large, meshed metal forms called Random Pak; a nickel surfboard; and a folding knife in sintered bronze and Damascus steel.
Newson has become the most collectable designer in the world following the sale at auction last summer of one of his Lockheed Lounge chairs for just under $1 million - a world record for a piece by a living designer.
The show runs at the Gagosian Gallery, 555 West 24th Street, from 25 January to March 3.
> more design news from dezeen here
- Darkroom patterns furniture and accessor…ies with Superstudio's "anti-design" grids
- Out of The Box by Tom Dixon, Front and 5….5 Designers
- Bernard Chair by Jonas Lindvall
- Bijlmer Station by Grimshaw
- Backstage ā A Sideview on the Moroso D…esign Collection at Gallery 113
- Sunset Camera by Leo Lindroos
- Max Lamb's Exercises in Seating demonstr…ates material experiments through chair design
- Swiss Poster Generator by Ben and Clark …DuVall
- Afrofuture at La Rinascente
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories