Gagosian Gallery in New York has released images of two new works by Marc Newson, in advance of the major exhibition of limited-edition pieces by the designer that opens later this month.
Voronoi Shelf (above) and Extruded Chair (below) are made of white Carrera marble and are produced in editions of eight.
The exhibition is significant as it is the first time legendary art gallerist Larry Gagosian has mounted a major show by a designer.
Other new pieces will include a series of large, meshed metal forms called Random Pak; a nickel surfboard; and a folding knife in sintered bronze and Damascus steel.
Newson has become the most collectable designer in the world following the sale at auction last summer of one of his Lockheed Lounge chairs for just under $1 million - a world record for a piece by a living designer.
The show runs at the Gagosian Gallery, 555 West 24th Street, from 25 January to March 3.
> more design news from dezeen here
- Zigzag by ISSSStudio and deSc
- Slybox by Keiji Ashizawa
- Designed in Hackney: Hackney Empireby Ho…use of Hackney
- UFO by Ross Lovegrove
- Borselius attempts to perfect traditiona…l street lighting with Halo
- Hella Jongerius: "Why make new stuff eve…ry year? I'm happy to work on the classics"
- Mattia Bonetti at David Gill Galleries
- New silver-faced Vigorelli by Matteo Rag…ni at Dezeen Watch Store
- Changing Cupboard by Front
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories