Gagosian Gallery in New York has released images of two new works by Marc Newson, in advance of the major exhibition of limited-edition pieces by the designer that opens later this month.
Voronoi Shelf (above) and Extruded Chair (below) are made of white Carrera marble and are produced in editions of eight.
The exhibition is significant as it is the first time legendary art gallerist Larry Gagosian has mounted a major show by a designer.
Other new pieces will include a series of large, meshed metal forms called Random Pak; a nickel surfboard; and a folding knife in sintered bronze and Damascus steel.
Newson has become the most collectable designer in the world following the sale at auction last summer of one of his Lockheed Lounge chairs for just under $1 million - a world record for a piece by a living designer.
The show runs at the Gagosian Gallery, 555 West 24th Street, from 25 January to March 3.
> more design news from dezeen here
- Crudo by Barbara Busatta, Dario Buzzini,… Robin Bigio, Martin Meier and Oliviero Zanon
- Natural Indigo by Osko+Deichmann
- Earthquake Proof Table by Arthur Brutter…and Ido Bruno
- Designed in Hackney: Living Room by Gitt…a Gschwendtner
- Stacking Throne by Laurens van Wieringen
- Sneak preview: Hay√≥n works with Piper
- Design Talks at Design Miami 08: transcr…ipts
- R18 Ultra Chair by Clemens Weisshaar and… Reed Kram
- Soft by Kiki van Eijk
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories