Danish artist Peter Callesen takes the current craze for paper-cutting to new heights of virtuosity.
Working on a variety of scales - but always with paper - he hand-cuts the material into delicate artworks or large-scale installations.
His A4 Papercuts series features single sheets of white paper hand-cut into complex 3D forms with no sliver of paper wasted.
His installations, meanwhile, have involved constructing full-size paper staircases and carpet-sized papercuts.
Like fellow papercutters Tord Boontje and Robert Ryan, Callesen has a sentimental side, with many works featuring butterflies, birds and the like.
But he also explores darker themes such as death and fear.
See Peter's website for many more examples.
For more links to the paper-cutting world, visit Beatrice Coron's site.
- The Pegasi by Konarska-Konarski
- Roc Apeldoorn classroom by Jurgen Bey
- COD by Rami Tareef
- Corso restaurant by Robert Stadler
- Mobile Gastfreundschaft by Kollectiv S…tadtpark
- Tent London and designersblock movie
- Experimenta One & Two by Alain Gilles
- Pebble by Benjamin Hubert for De Vorm
- Boojum by Megumi Matsubara with Assist…ant
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories