We've been given some new photos of Delta Shelter, a weekend cabin in Washington State, USA, by Tom Kunding of Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen Architects.
The 1000 square foot cabin is made of steel and is raised above a floodplain in a wooded valley.
The 10' by 18' steel shutters can all be opened or closed simultaneously by means of a hand crank, allowing the cabin to be quickly sealed upon departure.
Accommodation is over three floors, with the living room/kitchen at the top.
- Drive Through Airport by Büro für MEHR
- Takanawa House by Hiroyuki Ito and O.F.D….A. Associates
- Greenwich House by Julian King Architect
- Beaugrenelle Shopping Mall by Agence Sea…rch
- Caracas Symphony Complex by ADJKM Arquit…ectos
- Catholic Church of the Transfiguration b…y DOS Architects
- Gallery House by Studio Octopi
- Universidade de Évora Art and Architect…ure Faculty by Inês Lobo and Ventura Trindade
- Converted barn by Lynch Architects inclu…des an interpretation of a Norfolk winder stair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories