We've been given some new photos of Delta Shelter, a weekend cabin in Washington State, USA, by Tom Kunding of Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen Architects.
The 1000 square foot cabin is made of steel and is raised above a floodplain in a wooded valley.
The 10' by 18' steel shutters can all be opened or closed simultaneously by means of a hand crank, allowing the cabin to be quickly sealed upon departure.
Accommodation is over three floors, with the living room/kitchen at the top.
- House F11 by (se)arch
- Kaohsiung Port Terminal by Asymptote
- Voussoir Cloud by IwamotoScott
- House on Limekiln Line by Studio Moffitt
- Zaha Hadid at the Serpentine Gallery
- Concept villas for golf and spa resort, …Dubrovnik, by Zaha Hadid Architects
- CircleBath by Foster + Partners
- O2 Our Space by tp bennett
- Ronchamp Tomorrow by Renzo Piano
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories