We've been given some new photos of Delta Shelter, a weekend cabin in Washington State, USA, by Tom Kunding of Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen Architects.
The 1000 square foot cabin is made of steel and is raised above a floodplain in a wooded valley.
The 10' by 18' steel shutters can all be opened or closed simultaneously by means of a hand crank, allowing the cabin to be quickly sealed upon departure.
Accommodation is over three floors, with the living room/kitchen at the top.
- Mining museum by V2S contrasts a tradi…tional stone wall with a metal box
- Philippe Starck's new home is the prot…otype for a new prefab housing collection
- Pitsou Kedem's House of Parties combin…es family life with entertaining
- Dezeen's top architecture quotes of 20…14
- House in Blacksod Bay by Tierney Haine…s Architects
- Corian Kitchen by Arik Levy
- Cabin Vardehaugen by Fantastic Norway
- House in Fontinha by Manuel Aires Mate…us has a cross-shaped plan and a missing corner
- Auditorium and Congress Palace Infanta… Doña Elena by Estudio Barozzi Veiga
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories