We've been given some new photos of Delta Shelter, a weekend cabin in Washington State, USA, by Tom Kunding of Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen Architects.
The 1000 square foot cabin is made of steel and is raised above a floodplain in a wooded valley.
The 10' by 18' steel shutters can all be opened or closed simultaneously by means of a hand crank, allowing the cabin to be quickly sealed upon departure.
Accommodation is over three floors, with the living room/kitchen at the top.
- Guest House Tokyo by Masahiro Kinoshita …and Yu Sakuma
- Primary school by Carlos Pereda Iglesias… and Óscar Pérez Silanes
- Taltal Public Library by Murúa-Valenzue…la
- LGA Architecture creates wood and cement… home for a curator and her art collection
- Tbilisi Public Service Hall by Massimili…ano and Doriana Fuksas
- Beach House Mornington by Clare Cousins
- "Architecture is a discipline that speak…s to all your senses" - Pierre de Meuron
- Stamp House by Charles Wright Architects
- OFIS Arhitekti creates grid of crosses o…n the facade of Villa Criss-Cross Envelope
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories