We've been given some new photos of Delta Shelter, a weekend cabin in Washington State, USA, by Tom Kunding of Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen Architects.
The 1000 square foot cabin is made of steel and is raised above a floodplain in a wooded valley.
The 10' by 18' steel shutters can all be opened or closed simultaneously by means of a hand crank, allowing the cabin to be quickly sealed upon departure.
Accommodation is over three floors, with the living room/kitchen at the top.
- IHRMK's house with a staggered profile l…ooks out over a landscape of paddy fields
- Flight Assembled Architecture by Gramazi…o & Kohler and Raffaello d’Andrea
- Police station in Seville by Paredes Ped…rosa
- Monolith by Erick van Egeraat
- Black house by Hammerschmid Pachl Seebac…her is raised above a bathing lake
- Mountain House by FAM Architekti
- Faustino Winery by Foster + Partners
- Green Cast by Kengo Kuma and Associates
- Thomas Heatherwick beach cafe takes shap…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories