Design Indaba update: a condom applicator designed to help AIDS prevention has been named the Most Beautiful Object in South Africa by Dutch designer Jurgen Bey.
The applicator, invented by Willem van Rensburg and designed by industrial designer Roelf Mulder of South Africa's XYZ Design, allows a condom to be put on easily and rapidly.
It is hoped the design will encourage the use of condoms, thereby helping reduce the spread of AIDS.
The applicator, which was selected for the SAFE exhibition at MoMA in New York two years ago and is in the museum's permanent collection is now being marketed and sold under the Pronto brand.
>> see more news from Design Indaba here
>> see Matali Crasset's new sex toy here
- Lightworks by Marcus Tremonto 2
- Prairie Chair by Von Tundra
- Avifauna by Maarten Kolk & Guus Kusters
- Hair Typography by Monique Goossens
- The Pond by Raw Edges
- The Sugar Lab by Kyle and Liz von Hassel…n
- Postmodernism: Style and Subversion 1970…-1990 at the V&A
- London's Brutalist landmarks star in Omi… Palone music video
- Interview with Yves Behar on Jambox and …JamScape
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories