Herzog & de Meuron have received planning permission for Tate Modern 2 - an extension to the Tate Modern contemporary art gallery in London, which was also designed by the Swiss architects.
The 11-storey extension, shown in these new images, will give the gallery 60% more gallery space.
Tate Modern - a conversion of the former Bankside power station - opened in 2000. The TM2 extension is due to open in 2012.
- Summerhouse Lagnö by Tham & Videgård A…rkitekter
- Dezeen archive: residential extensions
- Knarvik Kinder garden by Juice Arkitektu…r
- Curvy timber extension by Scott Architec…ts features a sloping grass roof
- The Dezeen guide to contemporary cemeter…ies
- Dezeen podcast: John Pawson at the Desig…n Museum
- Flake House by OLGGA Architects
- NO99 Straw Theatre by Salto Architects
- Guangzhou Opera House by Zaha Hadid Arch…itects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories