Herzog & de Meuron have received planning permission for Tate Modern 2 - an extension to the Tate Modern contemporary art gallery in London, which was also designed by the Swiss architects.
The 11-storey extension, shown in these new images, will give the gallery 60% more gallery space.
Tate Modern - a conversion of the former Bankside power station - opened in 2000. The TM2 extension is due to open in 2012.
- Museum of the History of Polish Jews by …Lahdelma & Mahlamäki Architects
- The Pool at Pyne by T.R.O.P.
- New Pinterest board: Paris
- Raised outdoor cabins connected to Goodw…ood Residence apartments by WOHA
- Interactive model offers a look inside H…erzog & de Meuron's Elbphilharmonie
- Vertikale Kletterhalle Brixen by Stadtla…bor and Wolfgang Meraner
- Timayui Kindergarten by el Equipo de Maz…zanti
- Hypercubus by WG3
- Rebirth by Arne Quinze
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories