Herzog & de Meuron have received planning permission for Tate Modern 2 - an extension to the Tate Modern contemporary art gallery in London, which was also designed by the Swiss architects.
The 11-storey extension, shown in these new images, will give the gallery 60% more gallery space.
Tate Modern - a conversion of the former Bankside power station - opened in 2000. The TM2 extension is due to open in 2012.
- CUT Architectures adds golden walls to 1…960s community centre
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion by Jean Nouv…el
- Villa Nieuw Oosteinde by Engelarchitecte…n
- ImagineHouse by A.Masow Design Studio
- 9 Spa at I-Resort by a21studio
- Hoxton House by David Mikhail Architects
- NEO Bankside by Rogers Stirk Harbour + P…artners
- World Architecture Festival 2012: Mapung…ubwe Interpretation Centre by Peter Rich Architects
- Akron Art Museum by Coop Himmelb(l)au
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories