Herzog & de Meuron have received planning permission for Tate Modern 2 - an extension to the Tate Modern contemporary art gallery in London, which was also designed by the Swiss architects.
The 11-storey extension, shown in these new images, will give the gallery 60% more gallery space.
Tate Modern - a conversion of the former Bankside power station - opened in 2000. The TM2 extension is due to open in 2012.
- Rue Space's Casa #20 features a four-t…iered facade of translucent glass
- Innovation Tower at Hong Kong Polytech…nic University by Zaha Hadid Architects
- National Grand Theatre in Beijing by P…aul Andreu
- Scent Pavilion by Alan Lu
- CEBRA's children's home forms a cluste…r of archetypal house silhouettes
- Three-winged 36SML House by Levenbetts… has a driveway carved through its middle
- Dezeen archive: black houses
- Folly by Baumhauer
- Cultural Campus Frankfurt by Adjaye As…sociates
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories