Herzog & de Meuron have received planning permission for Tate Modern 2 - an extension to the Tate Modern contemporary art gallery in London, which was also designed by the Swiss architects.
The 11-storey extension, shown in these new images, will give the gallery 60% more gallery space.
Tate Modern - a conversion of the former Bankside power station - opened in 2000. The TM2 extension is due to open in 2012.
- IPost Building by studiobv36
- RCA graduate Olivia Wright to convert va…ndalised bottle kilns into pottery preservation centre
- 4n house by Ninkipen!
- "It is very difficult to build contempor…ary architecture in Italy"
- Intricately patterned fretwork surrounds… Alexander Diem's Villa by the Lake
- Wine Museum in Lavaux by Mauro Turin Arc…hitectes
- Harvest Pavilion by Vector Architects
- The Volcano Project by Kieren Jones
- Statoil regional and international offic…es by A-Lab
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories