Herzog & de Meuron have received planning permission for Tate Modern 2 - an extension to the Tate Modern contemporary art gallery in London, which was also designed by the Swiss architects.
The 11-storey extension, shown in these new images, will give the gallery 60% more gallery space.
Tate Modern - a conversion of the former Bankside power station - opened in 2000. The TM2 extension is due to open in 2012.
- Accordia wins Stirling Prize
- Danish Pavilion at Shanghai Expo 2010 ph…otographed by Roland Halbe
- Private residence by Archiplan
- Yinchuan Art Museum by WAA
- Alventosa Morell slots a four-storey hou…se between two blocks in Barcelona
- The Cloud by Atelier Hapsitus
- Seven-screen pavilion by OMA for Kanye W…est
- Amano Design Office wraps Tokyo office b…lock with steel ribbons
- Nanhe River Landscape Bridge by WXY Arch…itecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories