Here is a sequence of images showing the construction and destruction of the giant wood sculpture designed by Arne Quinze of Quinze & Milan at the Burning Man festival in Death Valley, USA in September last year.
The sculpture is a larger version of the timber installations Quinze has built at design shows in London, Cologne and Miami and required 150km of wooden laths.
It took 25 people over three weeks to build the structure, which measured 60m x 30m x 15m high.
The structure was destroyed as the "final burn" of the week-long festival.
- New watches by Denis Guidone
- Fish packaging by PostlerFerguson
- Folkform's Skyline lamp now produced by …Örsjö Belysning
- BaObab by Philippe Starck for Vitra
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Wrap Magazine
- Boojum by Megumi Matsubara with Assistan…t
- Animal Tables by Hella Jongerius
- Vanitas lamp by Charlotte Dumoncel d'Arg…ence
- The Battle of Trafalgar by Jaime Hayón
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories