Here is a sequence of images showing the construction and destruction of the giant wood sculpture designed by Arne Quinze of Quinze & Milan at the Burning Man festival in Death Valley, USA in September last year.
The sculpture is a larger version of the timber installations Quinze has built at design shows in London, Cologne and Miami and required 150km of wooden laths.
It took 25 people over three weeks to build the structure, which measured 60m x 30m x 15m high.
The structure was destroyed as the "final burn" of the week-long festival.
- Architonic presents products from Salone… del Mobile and Euroluce 2009
- Fujiko Nakaya hides Bristol bridge insid…e a blanket of fog
- Basket by Marco Dessí for Lobmeyr
- MQ10 by Urbanscreen
- Geology of Shoes by Barbora Veselá
- Movie: Yuri Suzuki at Designers in Resid…ence 2012
- aTable by Beatus Kopp
- Konstantin Grcic designs glass furniture… with moving parts for Galerie Kreo show
- Blobwall by Greg Lynn
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories