Here is a sequence of images showing the construction and destruction of the giant wood sculpture designed by Arne Quinze of Quinze & Milan at the Burning Man festival in Death Valley, USA in September last year.
The sculpture is a larger version of the timber installations Quinze has built at design shows in London, Cologne and Miami and required 150km of wooden laths.
It took 25 people over three weeks to build the structure, which measured 60m x 30m x 15m high.
The structure was destroyed as the "final burn" of the week-long festival.
- Snoopy by Iskos-Berlin for Versus
- Taxidermy sheep cabinet joins Salvador D…alí furniture collection
- SmokeStack by Frederik Roijé
- Teresa van Dongen's bioluminescent lamp …is "a new way to create light"
- Till Wiedeck designs multi-level display… stands for COS
- Jonas Wagell designs Concrete Lamp for M…enu
- Z.BOX by Zaha Hadid
- Poles Apart by Adrian Bergman
- Max Cooper's Origins music video explore…s the emergence of life
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories