Here is a sequence of images showing the construction and destruction of the giant wood sculpture designed by Arne Quinze of Quinze & Milan at the Burning Man festival in Death Valley, USA in September last year.
The sculpture is a larger version of the timber installations Quinze has built at design shows in London, Cologne and Miami and required 150km of wooden laths.
It took 25 people over three weeks to build the structure, which measured 60m x 30m x 15m high.
The structure was destroyed as the "final burn" of the week-long festival.
- Moooi unveils 2015 furniture and homewar…e collection
- Prototype Triangle Numéro 1 wooden T-sh…irt by Pauline Marcombe
- 100% Inspiration: Andrew Waugh
- Mia Cullin models wooden benches on pian…o stools for Orkester collection
- REK bookcase by Reinier de Jong
- Family by Kaman Tung
- Fashion fabric brand Vlisco to work with… "a list of designers"
- Patricia Urquiola refreshes Maia outdoor… furniture with teak and hand-braided rope
- Veloheld by neongrau.id
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories