Here is a sequence of images showing the construction and destruction of the giant wood sculpture designed by Arne Quinze of Quinze & Milan at the Burning Man festival in Death Valley, USA in September last year.
The sculpture is a larger version of the timber installations Quinze has built at design shows in London, Cologne and Miami and required 150km of wooden laths.
It took 25 people over three weeks to build the structure, which measured 60m x 30m x 15m high.
The structure was destroyed as the "final burn" of the week-long festival.
- Foster 510 by Foster + Partners
- Chair-4a by Michael Young
- Wilderness Embodied by Iris van Herpen
- Andrée Putman for Gaia&Gino
- Les Astronautes fills Quebec passagewa…y with swimming pool toys
- Jakub Pollág designs Personal Tattoo …Machine for do-it-yourself body art
- Local Collection by Maxim Velčovský
- The Bombay Sapphire Prize in Milan: vi…deo diary day 4
- Fluxus by Karim Rashid and Michela Via…nello
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories