Here are some photos of the opening party at the Patricia Urquiola show at the SuperSpace Gallery in Belgrade.
The event, at the gallery beside the river Sava, was one of the highlights of Belgrade Design Week earlier this month and was attended by designers including Konstantin Grcic (in top photo with Urquiola) and Ora Ito.
The exhibition, called Dance n.3, continues until 7 June.
Here is the press release from SuperSpace Gallery:
dance n.3, a solo exhibition by Patricia Urquiola
Belgrade (Serbia) - She has left a deep impression with her energy, charm and direktness at the Belgrade Design Week 2007 (10 - 12.May), and also with her latest exhibition at the Superpace Gallery (11 May - 10 June 07). Patricia Urquiola has danced into Belgrade with her dance n.3, her latest solo exhibition after Koeln (2005) and Verona (2006).
This was the landmark exhibition at this year's BDW, with over 1000 people flocking in for the opening night, and some of the world's top stars from the design industry as well: Konstantin Grcic, Marva Griffin, Ora Ito, Matali Crasset...
With red and white pieces stacked at the top of each other as when moving house, and huge mobiles made out of humble transparent plastic straws reminescent of himli, she brought in the magic of her playful mind and delighted the visitors.
Above: SuperSpace Gallery art director Aleksandar Rodić and Konstantin Grcic
Ora Ito and Aleksandar Rodić
Patricia Urquiola and Marva Griffin
- Design Department Store at SCP
- Blooming Structures by Sivan Royz
- Knauf and Brown encourages mindful eng…agement with everyday objects
- The Unseen creates "coded couture" to …read wearers' auras
- Resin Tables by Roel Huisman
- Rain Room by rAndom International at t…he Barbican
- Zephyr Sofa by Zaha Hadid for Cassina …Contract
- Pikaplant creates self-watering system…s for automatic plant maintenance
- Hypnos by Citroën
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories