Norwegian designers Ralston & Bau have designed an outdoor information display system for a glacier. Made of a bespoke plastic made by recycled plastics company Durat, the "glacier modules" are dotted around the Jostedal Glacier National Park in Norway.
The modules provide information to visitors to the glacier. We only have the one image for now but we hope to get more soon.
Below is some text from the designers:
Inspired by the biggest growing glacier of the European continent, we designed these information modules for the Jostedal Glacier National Park in Norway.
Lodged in the unique Norwegian nature, the modules give visitors more information as they approach the ice. The deep blue-greenish color and the transparency of the ice is reflected in the 100% recyclable plastic, custom made by Durat for Ralston & Bau.
The glacier modules are based on human rituals, which are the main inspiration as well as for our other projects.
Ralston & Bau works in the fields of interior design, product design and profiling.
- Designed in Hackney: Lufthansa Business …Class Seat and Cabin by PearsonLloyd
- Musterzimmer at Depot Basel
- Narcissus vases by New Craft let plants …bask in their own reflections
- Silt tea set by VW+BS
- Unhidden by Leon Li and Ryan Ran
- Furniture to last 300 years by Brikolör
- My Way talks: unfold
- Jig by Massproductions
- Muller Van Severen to present new furnit…ure at Viaduct exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories