In her latest project, designer Karen Ryan takes unwanted porcelain vases and re-brands them by grinding off the surfaces but leaving her own "UNMADE 07" logo.
Below is a short statement from Ryan:
My latest design is ‘UNMADE 07’, this is a comment about mass production and Global branding. I have created my own brand logo ‘UNMADE 07’, this brand represents the unmaking of existing discarded objects which in this case are old vases. The original glazed surface of the exterior of the vase is removed except where the brand logo is left cut out of the remaining decoration, whilst the function of the vase remains intact.
- Textile Field by Ronan & Erwan Bouroull…ec
- Formafantasma experiment with lava to cr…eate furniture collection
- Framed by Stuart Haygarth
- Fabrica researchers explore temperature …theme for sensory installation in Milan
- Ostrich Pillow by Kawamura-Ganjavian
- Rotterdam Chair by Hella Jongerius
- VOID V01 copper at Dezeen Watch Store
- Moritz Waldemeyer in Milan
- Janne Kyttanen builds 3D-printed sofa fr…om a minimal mesh
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories