In her latest project, designer Karen Ryan takes unwanted porcelain vases and re-brands them by grinding off the surfaces but leaving her own "UNMADE 07" logo.
Below is a short statement from Ryan:
My latest design is ‘UNMADE 07’, this is a comment about mass production and Global branding. I have created my own brand logo ‘UNMADE 07’, this brand represents the unmaking of existing discarded objects which in this case are old vases. The original glazed surface of the exterior of the vase is removed except where the brand logo is left cut out of the remaining decoration, whilst the function of the vase remains intact.
- Amass by Benjamin Hubert for 100% Design
- Wilderness Embodied by Iris van Herpen
- Batavus Utility Bike by VanBerlo
- France away kit by Nike
- Explosion Cabinet by Sebastian Errazuriz… expands using sliding joints
- Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch Store
- Momentary by Catarina Hällzon
- Arne Jacobsen's Drop chair reintroduced …by Republic of Fritz Hansen
- World Clock by 11+ rolls to change time …zones
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories