In her latest project, designer Karen Ryan takes unwanted porcelain vases and re-brands them by grinding off the surfaces but leaving her own "UNMADE 07" logo.
Below is a short statement from Ryan:
My latest design is ‘UNMADE 07’, this is a comment about mass production and Global branding. I have created my own brand logo ‘UNMADE 07’, this brand represents the unmaking of existing discarded objects which in this case are old vases. The original glazed surface of the exterior of the vase is removed except where the brand logo is left cut out of the remaining decoration, whilst the function of the vase remains intact.
- David Adjaye aims to dispel stereotypi…cal images of Africa through textile designs
- 3D weaving can "reduce cost and improv…e structural integrity" in architecture
- Designed in Hackney: Falling Lightby T…roika
- All Lovely Stuff by Carl Clerkin and E…d Ward
- Made in Italy talks: Italian Design on… the Road
- COD by Rami Tareef
- Pear by Patricia Urquiola for Agape
- Aberrant's styrofoam ceiling installat…ion celebrates wasting time at work
- Luno by Martin Jakobsen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories