In her latest project, designer Karen Ryan takes unwanted porcelain vases and re-brands them by grinding off the surfaces but leaving her own "UNMADE 07" logo.
Below is a short statement from Ryan:
My latest design is ‘UNMADE 07’, this is a comment about mass production and Global branding. I have created my own brand logo ‘UNMADE 07’, this brand represents the unmaking of existing discarded objects which in this case are old vases. The original glazed surface of the exterior of the vase is removed except where the brand logo is left cut out of the remaining decoration, whilst the function of the vase remains intact.
- Les Cordes chandelier by Mathieu Lehanne…ur for Château Borély
- Belly Love by Florence Jaffrain
- Matthew Hilton for Ercol at Tent London
- Pop Up Vaccine by Elena Figus
- Whistle wearable technology for dogs let…s owners monitor pet activity
- Snoop and Woopy by Karim Rashid for B-Li…ne
- Autarky by Studio Formafantasma
- Virtual reality: the 1990s technology se…t to change the world of design
- Kaarsrecht Kruk by Pascal Smelik
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories