In her latest project, designer Karen Ryan takes unwanted porcelain vases and re-brands them by grinding off the surfaces but leaving her own "UNMADE 07" logo.
Below is a short statement from Ryan:
My latest design is ‘UNMADE 07’, this is a comment about mass production and Global branding. I have created my own brand logo ‘UNMADE 07’, this brand represents the unmaking of existing discarded objects which in this case are old vases. The original glazed surface of the exterior of the vase is removed except where the brand logo is left cut out of the remaining decoration, whilst the function of the vase remains intact.
- X-Federation by Victor Vetterlein
- 107 Chair by Robert Stadler for Thonet
- Ornamented Life by Joana Meroz
- Domestic presents new designer "Vynils"
- Vote for your favourite design in the Bo…mbay Sapphire Designer Glass Competition
- Fragiles at Design Miami
- Dining Agenda by Sara Ferrari and Marcel…la Fiori
- Hilla Shamia casts tree trunks with molt…en aluminium to form furniture
- Y-Grinder by DesignWright for Joseph Jos…eph
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories