In her latest project, designer Karen Ryan takes unwanted porcelain vases and re-brands them by grinding off the surfaces but leaving her own "UNMADE 07" logo.
Below is a short statement from Ryan:
My latest design is ‘UNMADE 07’, this is a comment about mass production and Global branding. I have created my own brand logo ‘UNMADE 07’, this brand represents the unmaking of existing discarded objects which in this case are old vases. The original glazed surface of the exterior of the vase is removed except where the brand logo is left cut out of the remaining decoration, whilst the function of the vase remains intact.
- Tata Nano by Tata Motors
- Sebastian Jansson in Milan
- Hush by Freyja Sewell
- Alice Wang Design proposes products for …the future of marriage
- Soundchaser by Yuri Suzuki
- Plants bloom on Mischer'Traxler's table …for Perrier-Jouët when you move away from it
- The Migration of Mel and Judith by Thoma…s Hillier
- Maarten Baas named Design Miami/ Designe…r of the Year
- Corona globes by Nendo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories