New Designers 07: Ty-bihan is a combined dining table and storage system designed by Gaël Horsfall, a graduate from the contemporary design course at Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College in England.
The design, which comes with a built-in light and benches, is inspired by Breton kitchens and was on show at the New Designers exhibition which ended in London yesterday.
Here is a statement from Horsfall:
Inspired by my Breton background, this piece of furniture has developed from taking a cross-section of an old Breton kitchen. As often the only room in an old Breton home, furniture within this space had to function together.
Ty-bihan developed from re-interpreting this environment into a contemporary dining space where table, shelving, seating & lighting combine to create one furniture form.
Update: Ty-Bihan is Breton for "little house".
- Torsten Sherwood's new construction toy …"takes great inspiration from Lego"
- New products by ilio
- Season chair by Piero Lissoni comprises …two simple volumes
- 11 of the best designs for coffee-lovers
- Zsanett Szirmay turns cross-stitch patte…rns into musical scores
- Swing Sofa by Studio Aisslinger for Vitr…a
- Kiasma chair by Vesa Honkonen
- Christmas Tree Furniture by Fabien Cappe…llo
- Axor Bouroullec + ECAL
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories