New Designers 07: Ty-bihan is a combined dining table and storage system designed by Gaël Horsfall, a graduate from the contemporary design course at Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College in England.
The design, which comes with a built-in light and benches, is inspired by Breton kitchens and was on show at the New Designers exhibition which ended in London yesterday.
Here is a statement from Horsfall:
Inspired by my Breton background, this piece of furniture has developed from taking a cross-section of an old Breton kitchen. As often the only room in an old Breton home, furniture within this space had to function together.
Ty-bihan developed from re-interpreting this environment into a contemporary dining space where table, shelving, seating & lighting combine to create one furniture form.
Update: Ty-Bihan is Breton for "little house".
- Dezeen podcast: Sustainable Futures at… the Design Museum
- Wallfa by Jordi Canudas
- Jeonghwa Seo explores contrasts with M…aterial Container Series
- Tata Nano by Tata Motors
- New watches at the Dezeen Watch Store
- Gentle by Matteo Thun & Partners for D…ornbracht
- Locker by Magnus Pettersen for the Ste…pney Green Design Collection
- Jet Set by Jaime Hayón
- Sprig by Donna Wilson for SCP
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories