New Designers 07: Ty-bihan is a combined dining table and storage system designed by Gaël Horsfall, a graduate from the contemporary design course at Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College in England.
The design, which comes with a built-in light and benches, is inspired by Breton kitchens and was on show at the New Designers exhibition which ended in London yesterday.
Here is a statement from Horsfall:
Inspired by my Breton background, this piece of furniture has developed from taking a cross-section of an old Breton kitchen. As often the only room in an old Breton home, furniture within this space had to function together.
Ty-bihan developed from re-interpreting this environment into a contemporary dining space where table, shelving, seating & lighting combine to create one furniture form.
Update: Ty-Bihan is Breton for "little house".
- Telling Talesat Ligne Roset Westend
- Mirror by Kaschkasch Cologne for Menu de…signed to fit into corners
- Zsanett Szirmay turns cross-stitch patte…rns into musical scores
- Sibling turns pink fur and brown paper p…ackaging into clothing
- Core77 guide to New York design week
- The Zeppelin aims to fuse the best bits …of car and bicycle design
- Gardenias by Jaime Hayón for BD Barcelo…na Design
- Fredrik Wallner's bathroom furniture for… Swoon can be customised online
- Nichetto=Nendo collection in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories