New Designers 07: Ty-bihan is a combined dining table and storage system designed by Gaël Horsfall, a graduate from the contemporary design course at Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College in England.
The design, which comes with a built-in light and benches, is inspired by Breton kitchens and was on show at the New Designers exhibition which ended in London yesterday.
Here is a statement from Horsfall:
Inspired by my Breton background, this piece of furniture has developed from taking a cross-section of an old Breton kitchen. As often the only room in an old Breton home, furniture within this space had to function together.
Ty-bihan developed from re-interpreting this environment into a contemporary dining space where table, shelving, seating & lighting combine to create one furniture form.
Update: Ty-Bihan is Breton for "little house".
- Stellar by Tokujin Yoshioka at Swarovski… Crystal Palace
- Cabinet by Dimitri Vangrunderbeek
- Fashion fabric brand Vlisco to work with… "a list of designers"
- In No Time by Sandra Backlund
- World Cup footballers wear Battlepack bo…ots by Adidas
- Featured designer: Thomas Heatherwick
- Garden of Russolo by Yuri Suzuki
- "Super technology is going to ask for su…per tactility" - Li Edelkoort at Dezeen Live
- Das Haus conceptual future home installe…d at imm cologne by Louise Campbell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories