New Designers 07: Ty-bihan is a combined dining table and storage system designed by Gaël Horsfall, a graduate from the contemporary design course at Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College in England.
The design, which comes with a built-in light and benches, is inspired by Breton kitchens and was on show at the New Designers exhibition which ended in London yesterday.
Here is a statement from Horsfall:
Inspired by my Breton background, this piece of furniture has developed from taking a cross-section of an old Breton kitchen. As often the only room in an old Breton home, furniture within this space had to function together.
Ty-bihan developed from re-interpreting this environment into a contemporary dining space where table, shelving, seating & lighting combine to create one furniture form.
Update: Ty-Bihan is Breton for "little house".
- Hybreed by Charlotte Kingsnorth
- Spaza-De-Move-On by Doung Anwar Jahangee…r
- (No)where (Now)here: Two Gaze-activated …Dresses by Ying Gao
- Silver Candlesticks by David Taylor
- Bouroullec Collection by Ronan and Erwan… Bouroullec for Hay
- Sebastian Brajkovic exhibits warped furn…iture at Carpenters Workshop Gallery
- Hair Typography by Monique Goossens
- Ekokook by Faltazi
- Melvin the Machine by HEYHEYHEY
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories