4D Glass is a project that uses a computer-generated wireframe model as decoration on a physical object.
Designer Jonathan Krawczuk has taken a wine glass and engraved its surface with a 3D representation of the same glass modelled on a computer.
Here is a short explanation from Krawczuk:
‘4D Glass’ forges a relationship between an on screen, computer generated model and the actual physical object.
When creating a 3 dimensional representation on a computer programme a ‘skeleton’ of the object is formed, known as the wireframe.
In an attempt to fuse the virtual and the physical world, this wireframe has been engraved onto the surface of the glass. This concept sees the computer being used to automate a linear pattern, specific to the object itself.
- Hunters Bend by Tove Emilsson
- Sneaker Speaker by Ray Kingston Inc.
- "I started my company with a completely …bogus business plan" - Janne Kyttanen
- Don't Run shoe factory brings production… line to local high streets
- Madrid installs moon-themed Christmas li…ghts
- Pure by Jean Nouvel for Ruco Line
- Nendo's solo exhibition in Milan to show…case chairs that mix printed and natural grains
- Kulula airline livery
- Tent London trade show launches Shop Ten…t ecommerce platform for exhibitors' work
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories