4D Glass is a project that uses a computer-generated wireframe model as decoration on a physical object.
Designer Jonathan Krawczuk has taken a wine glass and engraved its surface with a 3D representation of the same glass modelled on a computer.
Here is a short explanation from Krawczuk:
‘4D Glass’ forges a relationship between an on screen, computer generated model and the actual physical object.
When creating a 3 dimensional representation on a computer programme a ‘skeleton’ of the object is formed, known as the wireframe.
In an attempt to fuse the virtual and the physical world, this wireframe has been engraved onto the surface of the glass. This concept sees the computer being used to automate a linear pattern, specific to the object itself.
- Future Fashions exhibition by You Are He…re and Glamcult Studio
- Open-source visual identity for Eindhove…n by Virtual Design Agency
- "New Yorkers all of a sudden are interes…ted in quality of life"
- Living-Tools by Yi-Cong Lu
- Strike Matchboxes by Shane Schneck and C…lara von Zweigbergk for Hay
- Spinning Light by Benjamin Hubert for Un…ique Copenhagen
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit features colour…-coordinated weapons
- B Bench by Konstantin Grcic for BD Barce…lona Design
- Pop Rivet by TAF at Bench 10
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories