The movie, filmed and edited by Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs, features Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square, which was launched on Monday. The film features an exclusive interview with Dixon (below).
Dixon will be giving away 1,000 of his low-energy lights in Trafalgar Square at 5pm today. Read more about this project in our earlier story.
Swarovksi Crystal Palace is the headline sponsor of the London Design Festival 2007.
Films in the series:
Day 1: Moritz Waldemeyer and Nadja Swarovksi
Day 2: Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square
Day 3: Zaha Hadid's Urban Nebula installation
Day 4: Future Systems and Ross Lovegrove
Day 5: Trash Luxe at Liberty
Day 6: Hulger and SHOWstudio
Day 7: Maarten Baas, Design Museum, Lomography project
Day 8: 100% Design, Jamie Hayon, Matthew Hilton, Libby Sellers
Day 9: designersblock, Tent London
- Standard Stationery by David Weatherhead
- Student project creates template for tur…ning old tyres into footwear
- Harvest by Asif Khan
- Sara Lee headquarters by Marco Hemmerlin…g
- Food Huggers by Adrienne McNicholas and …Michelle Ivankovic
- Patricia Urquiola's Luna cabinet conceal…s items behind pivoting doors
- Uflex bandage snaps around a wound and i…nflates to stop bleeding
- Products of Silviculture by Sebastian Co…x
- Dezeen Platform: Philippe Malouin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories