The movie, filmed and edited by Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs, features Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square, which was launched on Monday. The film features an exclusive interview with Dixon (below).
Dixon will be giving away 1,000 of his low-energy lights in Trafalgar Square at 5pm today. Read more about this project in our earlier story.
Swarovksi Crystal Palace is the headline sponsor of the London Design Festival 2007.
Films in the series:
Day 1: Moritz Waldemeyer and Nadja Swarovksi
Day 2: Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square
Day 3: Zaha Hadid's Urban Nebula installation
Day 4: Future Systems and Ross Lovegrove
Day 5: Trash Luxe at Liberty
Day 6: Hulger and SHOWstudio
Day 7: Maarten Baas, Design Museum, Lomography project
Day 8: 100% Design, Jamie Hayon, Matthew Hilton, Libby Sellers
Day 9: designersblock, Tent London
- Purple locket is a digital version of th…e traditional heirloom
- Fade chandelier by Zaha Hadid for Swarov…ski
- Copy and Authorship by Lucas Verweij
- Eidos by Tim Bouckley, Millie Clive-Smit…h, Mi Eun Kim and Yuta Sugawara
- iD Cutlery by Ineke Hans
- REK bookcase by Reinier de Jong
- L.O.F.T by Maciek Wojcicki
- Welded Stools by Studio Libertiny
- Kettle by Estelle Sauvage
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories