The movie, filmed and edited by Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs, features Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square, which was launched on Monday. The film features an exclusive interview with Dixon (below).
Dixon will be giving away 1,000 of his low-energy lights in Trafalgar Square at 5pm today. Read more about this project in our earlier story.
Swarovksi Crystal Palace is the headline sponsor of the London Design Festival 2007.
Films in the series:
Day 1: Moritz Waldemeyer and Nadja Swarovksi
Day 2: Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square
Day 3: Zaha Hadid's Urban Nebula installation
Day 4: Future Systems and Ross Lovegrove
Day 5: Trash Luxe at Liberty
Day 6: Hulger and SHOWstudio
Day 7: Maarten Baas, Design Museum, Lomography project
Day 8: 100% Design, Jamie Hayon, Matthew Hilton, Libby Sellers
Day 9: designersblock, Tent London
- Pluk by Tjep.
- Ghost Script by Ben Hermel
- Local Collection by Maxim Velčovský
- Domestic Animals by Guus Van Leeuwen
- TaliaYstudio turns colourful photograp…hy filters into jewellery collection
- Leather Lampshades by Pepe Heykoop
- Moustache creates video to avoid exhib…iting in "disappointing" Milan
- Jule Waibel recreates origami paper dr…esses in chiffon
- Dezeen Platform: Thomas Feichtner
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories