The movie, filmed and edited by Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs, features Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square, which was launched on Monday. The film features an exclusive interview with Dixon (below).
Dixon will be giving away 1,000 of his low-energy lights in Trafalgar Square at 5pm today. Read more about this project in our earlier story.
Swarovksi Crystal Palace is the headline sponsor of the London Design Festival 2007.
Films in the series:
Day 1: Moritz Waldemeyer and Nadja Swarovksi
Day 2: Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square
Day 3: Zaha Hadid's Urban Nebula installation
Day 4: Future Systems and Ross Lovegrove
Day 5: Trash Luxe at Liberty
Day 6: Hulger and SHOWstudio
Day 7: Maarten Baas, Design Museum, Lomography project
Day 8: 100% Design, Jamie Hayon, Matthew Hilton, Libby Sellers
Day 9: designersblock, Tent London
- Established & Sons: Elevating Design
- Rachel Suming's Eclipse clock tells the …time without hands
- ME.WE concept car by Jean-Marie Massaud …for Toyota
- New furniture and lighting by Front
- M/B creates spinning optical illusion at… Molteni&C's Paris store
- Nendo creates pastel optical illusions f…or Japanese design exhibition display
- Melbourne Project by Sigurd Larsen
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: Mercury …by Ziiiro reduced by 20%
- Movie: Ross Lovegrove on his Solar Tree …at Clerkenwell Design Week
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories