The movie, filmed and edited by Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs, features Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square, which was launched on Monday. The film features an exclusive interview with Dixon (below).
Dixon will be giving away 1,000 of his low-energy lights in Trafalgar Square at 5pm today. Read more about this project in our earlier story.
Swarovksi Crystal Palace is the headline sponsor of the London Design Festival 2007.
Films in the series:
Day 1: Moritz Waldemeyer and Nadja Swarovksi
Day 2: Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square
Day 3: Zaha Hadid's Urban Nebula installation
Day 4: Future Systems and Ross Lovegrove
Day 5: Trash Luxe at Liberty
Day 6: Hulger and SHOWstudio
Day 7: Maarten Baas, Design Museum, Lomography project
Day 8: 100% Design, Jamie Hayon, Matthew Hilton, Libby Sellers
Day 9: designersblock, Tent London
- Plopp stool by Oskar Zieta for Hay
- BLOWN lamp by Samuel Wilkinson for &trad…ition
- Meeraboo ST-1 and G-Force by Victor Vett…erlein
- Vitamin debuts furniture collection infl…uenced by small-scale production
- Pillhead lamps by A+Z Design
- Joseph Grima explores changing ideas of …domesticity for Biennale Interieur exhibition
- The Spyfrost Project by Dave Trautrimas
- Crown by Chris Martin for Massproduction…s
- Alessandro Zambelli launches hexagonal W…oodspot table lamp
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories