Architects Coop Himmelb(l)au have won the competition to design a performing arts centre in Zarautz, Spain.
Here's all the info we have for now:
COOP HIMMELB(L)AU wins commission for the Center of Performing Arts Zarautz, Spain
The Mayor of Zarautz, Jon Urien, just announced that out of the entries by co-finalists Zaha Hadid, Eduardo Arroyo, FOA and Kenzo Kuma the design by COOP HIMMELB(L)AU had been elected as the winning project.
The Zarautz Scenic Arts Center is an 11,000 sq. meter Cultural Arts Center located in the Basque country of Spain in Zaruatz, 10 km from San Sebastian. The project contains a 600 seat Recital and Drama multi-use theater, a 400 sq. meter experimental Black Box auditorium, a school of music and public lobby space including a cafe-bar and a public exhibition space. A distinctive roof organizes the different elements by sheltering the open space while simultaneously working as a highly visible sign. The exterior landscaped gardens include an outdoor stage and are adjacent to the historic monastery of Zarautz and Train Station.
- Photos of Sou Fujimoto's Serpentine Gall…ery Pavilion
- ICD/ITKE Research Pavilion at the Univer…sity of Stuttgart
- Reading between the Lines by Gijs Van Va…erenbergh
- Wooden Zielturm Rotsee tower built for j…udges of Swiss rowing regatta
- Zaha Hadid in Budapest
- IJburg Villa by Marc Prosman Architecten
- Maggie's Merseyside by Carmody Groarke f…eatures a fluted facade
- Urban Beads by MVRDV
- A House for Essex by FAT and Grayson Per…ry
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories