Architects Coop Himmelb(l)au have won the competition to design a performing arts centre in Zarautz, Spain.
Here's all the info we have for now:
COOP HIMMELB(L)AU wins commission for the Center of Performing Arts Zarautz, Spain
The Mayor of Zarautz, Jon Urien, just announced that out of the entries by co-finalists Zaha Hadid, Eduardo Arroyo, FOA and Kenzo Kuma the design by COOP HIMMELB(L)AU had been elected as the winning project.
The Zarautz Scenic Arts Center is an 11,000 sq. meter Cultural Arts Center located in the Basque country of Spain in Zaruatz, 10 km from San Sebastian. The project contains a 600 seat Recital and Drama multi-use theater, a 400 sq. meter experimental Black Box auditorium, a school of music and public lobby space including a cafe-bar and a public exhibition space. A distinctive roof organizes the different elements by sheltering the open space while simultaneously working as a highly visible sign. The exterior landscaped gardens include an outdoor stage and are adjacent to the historic monastery of Zarautz and Train Station.
- Yuko Nagayama's cafe and sweet shop wrap…s around a tree
- Set design studio in Japan by Mattch pla…ys with theatrical imagery
- Auditorium and Congress Center in Morro …Jable by Menis Arquitectos
- Pyramids by Manuel Alvarez Diestro
- House N by Sou Fujimoto Architects
- Small arrow-shaped art gallery installed… in an Australian garden
- The Docks School by Mikou Design Studio
- Farming Kindergarten by Vo Trong Nghia A…rchitects
- Duplex House in Tokito by Hidehiro Fukud…a Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories