Italian architects AKA architetti have won a competition for a low-energy wooden house.
The Prototyp Einfamilienhaus - prototype one-family house - will be built on sites in Germany, Italy and Switzerland. The first residential unit will be realized in Darß, Germany, and is scheduled to be completed by 2008.
The following information about the project is from AKA architetti:--
AKA architetti have won a competition for the development of a one-family housing prototype, to be commercialized in
In April 2007, five European architectural offices were invited to participate and exchange ideas on the theme of one-family wooden housing.
The Italian office AKA, with its eco-compatible and low energy project, has been announced as the jury’s first choice. The competition was a restricted contest, organised by Energietechnik Gertig. Only five offices were invited to participate.
The residential project has two floors and an overall area of 130 square metres. The first floor, containing the collective spaces, is completely open towards the green outdoor environment as it is made from glass. The second floor, where the more private areas are located, is made entirely out of wood.
On the pitched roof, we envisage a photovoltaic panel system or solar cells.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Montreal home updated with corrugated me…tal cladding and a vibrant staircase
- Zalewski Architecture imagines spiral wa…lkway strung between high-rise buildings
- EBV wins young Catalan architect award
- Sinjinmal Building by Studio GAON occupi…es its site like "a book in an empty shelf"
- Koç Primary School swimming pool by Erg…inoglu & Çalışlar and IND [Inter.National.Design]
- Slideshow feature: J. Mayer H. in Georgi…a
- Residential Extension by Alison Brooks A…rchitects
- Composite Lounge by Stephen Burks
- Arribeños 3182 by Adamo-Faiden
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories