Italian architects AKA architetti have won a competition for a low-energy wooden house.
The Prototyp Einfamilienhaus - prototype one-family house - will be built on sites in Germany, Italy and Switzerland. The first residential unit will be realized in Darß, Germany, and is scheduled to be completed by 2008.
The following information about the project is from AKA architetti:
AKA architetti have won a competition for the development of a one-family housing prototype, to be commercialized in
In April 2007, five European architectural offices were invited to participate and exchange ideas on the theme of one-family wooden housing.
The Italian office AKA, with its eco-compatible and low energy project, has been announced as the jury’s first choice. The competition was a restricted contest, organised by Energietechnik Gertig. Only five offices were invited to participate.
The residential project has two floors and an overall area of 130 square metres. The first floor, containing the collective spaces, is completely open towards the green outdoor environment as it is made from glass. The second floor, where the more private areas are located, is made entirely out of wood.
On the pitched roof, we envisage a photovoltaic panel system or solar cells.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Artist Studio by Open Studio
- Gabled stone and glass Torispardon house… reinterprets Scottish farm buildings
- Urban Camping by import.export
- Space Habitable Wheel by OFIS, Sadar Vug…a, Bevk Perovic and Dekleva Gregoric
- Steel-clad mountain hut by Savioz Fabriz…zi Architectes wraps over an Alpine ridge
- Plywood frames create a pattern of trian…gles inside house extension by NOJI Architects
- Ark Nova by Arata Isozaki and Anish Kapo…or
- AZB by Geneto
- With by Studio Loop
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories