The lights consist of mesh bags suspended from the ceiling; each contains a light source hidden amongst thousands of crystals.
Here's some info from Swarovski Crystal Palace:
Swarovski Crystal Palace unveiled an exhibition featuring Light Sock by the New York-based architecture firm, Diller Scofidio + Renfro at The Moore Building, located in the epicenter of Miami’s Design District during Design Miami.
Diller Scofido + Renfro deconstructed the traditional chandelier with brilliant simplicity – a mesh sack filled soley with Swarovski crystals. “Swarovski is delighted to have the opportunity to collaborate with Diller Scofidio + Renfro on this unprecedented solo presentation of Crystal Palace for Miami,” said Nadja Swarovski. “Light Sock combines a seamless blend of modern design with our vast crystal resources. The outcome of this union is a truly stunning piece, that embodies innovation, imagination, and artistry."
- Works on Reflection II by Kim Thome at W…illiam Benington Gallery
- WA|HH by Philippe Starck and David Edwar…ds
- Deptford Project Café by Morag Myerscou…gh
- Copy by Kueng Caputo
- Final debateat Me Craft/You Industry
- dezeen launches IDF blog
- The home of the future will "know where …you are" - Yves Behar
- Chassis by Stefan Diez for Wilkhahn
- Interview with Yves Behar on Jambox and …JamScape
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories