The lights consist of mesh bags suspended from the ceiling; each contains a light source hidden amongst thousands of crystals.
Here's some info from Swarovski Crystal Palace:
Swarovski Crystal Palace unveiled an exhibition featuring Light Sock by the New York-based architecture firm, Diller Scofidio + Renfro at The Moore Building, located in the epicenter of Miami’s Design District during Design Miami.
Diller Scofido + Renfro deconstructed the traditional chandelier with brilliant simplicity – a mesh sack filled soley with Swarovski crystals. “Swarovski is delighted to have the opportunity to collaborate with Diller Scofidio + Renfro on this unprecedented solo presentation of Crystal Palace for Miami,” said Nadja Swarovski. “Light Sock combines a seamless blend of modern design with our vast crystal resources. The outcome of this union is a truly stunning piece, that embodies innovation, imagination, and artistry."
- PizzaKobra by Ron Arad for iGuzzini
- Stack by Konstantin Achkov
- Acupuncture needles ripple across Izzy P…arker's Tactile Treatment cape
- Cecilie Manz's Knot Trestle for Menu swa…ps screws for leather strips
- Anya Sebton designs flexible storage sys…tem for Lammhults
- Drink Link by Joon Lee
- Paper eyelashes by Paperself at The Temp…orium
- Terrastool by the Campana Brothers for G…alerie Kreo
- Surveillance Light by Per Emanuelsson an…d Bastian Bischoff
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories