The lights consist of mesh bags suspended from the ceiling; each contains a light source hidden amongst thousands of crystals.
Here's some info from Swarovski Crystal Palace:
Swarovski Crystal Palace unveiled an exhibition featuring Light Sock by the New York-based architecture firm, Diller Scofidio + Renfro at The Moore Building, located in the epicenter of Miami’s Design District during Design Miami.
Diller Scofido + Renfro deconstructed the traditional chandelier with brilliant simplicity – a mesh sack filled soley with Swarovski crystals. “Swarovski is delighted to have the opportunity to collaborate with Diller Scofidio + Renfro on this unprecedented solo presentation of Crystal Palace for Miami,” said Nadja Swarovski. “Light Sock combines a seamless blend of modern design with our vast crystal resources. The outcome of this union is a truly stunning piece, that embodies innovation, imagination, and artistry."
- Upside Down by Floris Wubben
- Upholstered Tapas Chair by Matthew Hilto…n
- TAAT's interactive theatre set is design…ed to "tickle a higher sense of spatial awareness"
- Voxan Café Racer Super Naked by Philipp…e Starck
- LuvOwl by Craig Alun Smith
- Diamond Jubilee Souvenir Poster by Sarah… Hyndman
- Matali Crasset designs for children
- Pisa sofa by Ramei Keum
- Dressed Up Furniture by KAMKAM
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories