The lights consist of mesh bags suspended from the ceiling; each contains a light source hidden amongst thousands of crystals.
Here's some info from Swarovski Crystal Palace:
Swarovski Crystal Palace unveiled an exhibition featuring Light Sock by the New York-based architecture firm, Diller Scofidio + Renfro at The Moore Building, located in the epicenter of Miami’s Design District during Design Miami.
Diller Scofido + Renfro deconstructed the traditional chandelier with brilliant simplicity – a mesh sack filled soley with Swarovski crystals. “Swarovski is delighted to have the opportunity to collaborate with Diller Scofidio + Renfro on this unprecedented solo presentation of Crystal Palace for Miami,” said Nadja Swarovski. “Light Sock combines a seamless blend of modern design with our vast crystal resources. The outcome of this union is a truly stunning piece, that embodies innovation, imagination, and artistry."
- "We designed a sofa that we would want… in our own home"
- Architrave by Lee Broom for Heal's
- Fluxus by Karim Rashid and Michela Via…nello
- Workstead's Orbit lights feature movab…le metal reflectors
- Slybox by Keiji Ashizawa
- Ron Arad: No Discipline at MOMA
- Discarded materials from Milanese home…s used to make furniture by Atelier Biagetti
- Curious Vase by Mianne de Vries
- Design Talks at Design Miami/Basel tra…nscripts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories