The Artek Pavilion is a portable structure made of recycled materials, designed by architect Shigeru Ban. Second Cycle is a project that involves buying back unwanted Alvar Aalto furniture.
Dixon is part-owner of Artek, and its creative director.
See more movies from Design Miami 07:
Campana Brothers at GlassLab
Tokujin Yoshioka's Designer of the Year installation
- BMW Welt by Coop Himmelb[l]au
- Scenography by A.A. Studio
- Drift by Snarkitecture
- Alien by Gus Wüstemann
- Remote mountain site hosts hikers' cabin… by Jarmund/Vigsnæs Arkitekter
- Lofty Swedish house with a concrete fire…place by Sandell Sandberg
- The Kimball Art Centre by BIG
- Qatar National Convention Centre by Arat…a Isozaki
- University of Applied Arts Vienna by Wol…fgang Tschapeller
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories