The Artek Pavilion is a portable structure made of recycled materials, designed by architect Shigeru Ban. Second Cycle is a project that involves buying back unwanted Alvar Aalto furniture.
Dixon is part-owner of Artek, and its creative director.
See more movies from Design Miami 07:
Campana Brothers at GlassLab
Tokujin Yoshioka's Designer of the Year installation
- Wooden Houses in Amsterdam by M3H Archit…ecten
- House in Hiyoshi by Hiroyuki Tanaka Arch…itects
- ONO Architectuur uses concrete and brass… in De Ruyte children's shoe shop
- Carsten Höller builds a tower with a sl…ide at the Vitra campus
- Humlegården apartment by Tham & Videgå…rd Hansson Arkitekter
- Fuglsang Kunstmuseum by Tony Fretton Arc…hitects
- Le Temps Machine by Moussafir Architecte…s
- Vallvidrera House by YLAB Arquitectos
- House 20 by Jolson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories