The Artek Pavilion is a portable structure made of recycled materials, designed by architect Shigeru Ban. Second Cycle is a project that involves buying back unwanted Alvar Aalto furniture.
Dixon is part-owner of Artek, and its creative director.
See more movies from Design Miami 07:
Campana Brothers at GlassLab
Tokujin Yoshioka's Designer of the Year installation
- Bar Guru Bar by KLab Architecture
- Small arrow-shaped art gallery installed… in an Australian garden
- Centre for Promotion of Science by Wolfg…ang Tschapeller
- Nottingham Contemporary by Caruso St Joh…n Architects
- Two In One Villa by clavienrossier
- Takanobu Kishimoto's Platform is a home …built around a train carriage
- Hans Hollein: a life in projects
- Kakko House by Yoshihiro Yamamoto is a 3….4-metre-wide home in Japan
- Movie by Pedro Kok: Casa Modernista da R…ua Santa Cruz by Gregori Warchavchik
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories