The Artek Pavilion is a portable structure made of recycled materials, designed by architect Shigeru Ban. Second Cycle is a project that involves buying back unwanted Alvar Aalto furniture.
Dixon is part-owner of Artek, and its creative director.
See more movies from Design Miami 07:
Campana Brothers at GlassLab
Tokujin Yoshioka's Designer of the Year installation
- Hollowed-out house in Sydney by Tribe St…udio
- Liangzhu Culture Museum by David Chipper…field Architects
- New Pinterest board: sports centres
- DRMM's Comet Street art studio draws in …daylight through a sky-facing window
- Split-level house by Kit works with the …slope of the garden
- Duplex by Frank Gehry for Make it Right
- Nestlé Chocolate Museum by Rojkind Arq.
- Elevated office building by Jorge Mealha… folds around secluded plaza at technology park
- Loop Kindergarten by SAKO Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories