Now in its eighteenth year, the Ice Hotel is situated in Jukkasjärvi, 200 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle. It is built afresh each year from ice.
There are ten suites in the hotel, all designed by different artists. Rousseau's suite is called Operation Blade and features a barrel-vaulted space with a bed surrounded by fins of ice.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Social Housing in Sa Pobla by RipollTi…zon
- Reiulf Ramstad completes wooden church… with a grand spire beside a Norwegian fjord
- House in Fukawa by Suppose Design Offi…ce
- Five Franklin Place by UNStudio
- Wooden trusses support new mezzanines …inside remodelled stone building by Corpo Atelier
- Protruding glass boxes offer ocean vie…ws from Russet Residence by Splyce Design
- Holzkristal by Hurst Song Architekten
- Orchard House by Studio Octopi
- Urban Elevator by Vaumm
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories