Now in its eighteenth year, the Ice Hotel is situated in Jukkasjärvi, 200 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle. It is built afresh each year from ice.
There are ten suites in the hotel, all designed by different artists. Rousseau's suite is called Operation Blade and features a barrel-vaulted space with a bed surrounded by fins of ice.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Antonín Dvořák Concert and Congress C…entre by Future Systems
- H&M Seoul by Universal Design Studio
- Urban Mediaspace by Schmidt Hammer Lasse…n
- West Kowloon Cultural District by Rocco …Design Architects
- Mammoth and Permafrost Museum by Leeser …Arch.
- Bruther slots curving community centre i…nto crowded Paris neighbourhood
- Hanare by Schemata Architecture Office
- Allianz Headquarters by Wiel Arets featu…res glass fritted to reference Mies' Barcelona Pavilion
- Photographer Victor Enrich turns a Munic…h hotel upside down and inside out
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories