Now in its eighteenth year, the Ice Hotel is situated in Jukkasjärvi, 200 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle. It is built afresh each year from ice.
There are ten suites in the hotel, all designed by different artists. Rousseau's suite is called Operation Blade and features a barrel-vaulted space with a bed surrounded by fins of ice.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- The Museum of Copying by FAT at Venice A…rchitecture Biennale 2012
- New Shenzhen images from OMA
- Hermitage State Museum masterplan by AMO
- Bamboo "becoming increasingly popular" i…n Chinese architecture
- Umicore Hoboken by Conix Architects
- Netzwerkarchitekten completes community …centre with a zigzagging golden roof
- World Architecture Festival 2012: Univer…sita Luigi Bocconi by Grafton Architects
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion by Jean Nouv…el
- Barber and Osgerby's Science Museum gall…ery is their "most important" architecture project
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories