Now in its eighteenth year, the Ice Hotel is situated in Jukkasjärvi, 200 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle. It is built afresh each year from ice.
There are ten suites in the hotel, all designed by different artists. Rousseau's suite is called Operation Blade and features a barrel-vaulted space with a bed surrounded by fins of ice.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- JS Bach Chamber Music Hall by Zaha Hadid… Architects
- Houses in Cyprus by Iosa Ghini Associati
- Milson Island Sports Hall by Allen Jack+…Cottier
- Biotechnological Park Building by Tatian…a Bilbao
- Fireball Lilly Lodge by Hogarth Architec…ts
- Key projects by SANAA
- OCT Shenzhen Clubhouse by Richard Meier …& Partners
- Vertical Village exhibition by MVRDV and… The Why Factory
- Student apartments by OFIS Arhitekti
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories