Now in its eighteenth year, the Ice Hotel is situated in Jukkasjärvi, 200 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle. It is built afresh each year from ice.
There are ten suites in the hotel, all designed by different artists. Rousseau's suite is called Operation Blade and features a barrel-vaulted space with a bed surrounded by fins of ice.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- The War Rooms, St. James's Park by Ned S…cott
- ExCel Phase II by Grimshaw
- Architecture for London creates light-fi…lled London extension using polished materials
- Harpa Concert and Conference Centre Reyk…javík by Henning Larsen Architects
- Adaptable architecture gallery
- Vote for Skylon movie by Squint/Opera
- Mirage house by Kois Associated Architec…ts to feature rooftop infinity pool
- Small museum pavilion designed to resemb…le a rural shed by Von M
- Zorrozaurre masterplan for Bilbao by Zah…a Hadid Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories