Now in its eighteenth year, the Ice Hotel is situated in Jukkasjärvi, 200 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle. It is built afresh each year from ice.
There are ten suites in the hotel, all designed by different artists. Rousseau's suite is called Operation Blade and features a barrel-vaulted space with a bed surrounded by fins of ice.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Villa Paya-Paya by Aboday architects
- Movie: Chris Wilkinson on Gardens by the… Bay
- Fire Shelter 01 by SHJWorks
- CCTV Headquarters by OMA
- Rethinking the Split House by Neri&Hu
- CRAB Studio creates cave-like meeting ro…oms at Bond University architecture faculty
- Shoreditch office by Piercy & Company ha…s a restored facade and a golden behind
- Black and White Gallery by CarverHaggard… is based on colonial architecture
- House Eadie by Tribe Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories