The shower is opened and closed by raising and lowering the lever on the stem (above).
Imm Cologne, Germany, opened on 14 January and runs until 20 January.
The following info about the shower is from Extremis:
Serpentine by Tom De Vrieze
Serpentine is a stainless steel garden shower with an attractive and practical design. Its added value is reflected in the feather light construction which provides very easy mobility in the garden: you really can place the Serpentine shower wherever you want.
A major advantage is the plug and spray feature. No longer any problems with pressure pumps or permanent constructions, just plug in the hose, open the tap and have a shower. Because the hose is exposed to the sun, the water inside the hose and the Serpentine heats up and has a nice temperature.
Form really follows function here as Serpentine’s shape is reduced to pure functionality.
Posted by Rose Etherington
- Studio Job raids its own archive to crea…te wallpaper patterns
- Dezeen podcast: Designs of the Year 2010… at the Design Museum
- Funktionide by Stefan Ulrich
- Révélateur installation by Mickaël …Wiesengrün recreates "smells of the past"
- Tabbed Chair by Scott, Rich and Victoria
- Moustache launches in Milan
- Alpha Blast by Marco Dessi
- Lachapelle and Eno headline Design Indab…a
- Threads for Cockaigne woven fashion coll…ection by Martijn van Strien
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories