Dutch designers Tjep. have created the new reception area at the ROC professional training school at Apeldoorn in the Netherlands.
The reception area, at ROC's Care and Health department, consists of several elements representing the notion of care.
Tjep, a collaboration between Janneke Hooymans and Frank Tjepkema, also designed the reception area of the training school's economics department last year. See our previous story.
Here's an explanation of the project from Tjep:
We were asked by the ROC professional training school in Apeldoorn in the Netherlands to design the reception area of the Care & Health department.
The idea of care has been visualized in different interior elements. A protective shelter in the shape of a large box forms a relax area.
Tidy made-up beds become chairs. Soft mattresses form the reception desk. There is a table protected by a tent forming an informal meeting space.
Interior design by Tjep. (Janneke Hooymans and Frank Tjepkema)
Kunst en Bedrijf worked as creative consultancy in the selection of designers for the different departments, including: Jurgen Bey, Krijn de Kooning, Tejo Remy and Rene Veenhuizen.
- Decode: Digital Design Sensations at the… Design Museum Holon
- 107 Chair by Robert Stadler for Thonet
- Neolastic Vases by Studio Sjoerd Jonkers
- Honeywell joins connected-home market wi…th Lyric smart thermostat
- Movie: Tokujin Yoshioka – Spectrum
- iFlash One by KiBiSi
- MIA by Jean Nouvel for Emu
- Drapée chair by Constance Guisset desig…ned to look like draped fabric
- Mousetraps by Johanna Schmeer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories