Dutch designers Tjep. have created the new reception area at the ROC professional training school at Apeldoorn in the Netherlands.
The reception area, at ROC's Care and Health department, consists of several elements representing the notion of care.
Tjep, a collaboration between Janneke Hooymans and Frank Tjepkema, also designed the reception area of the training school's economics department last year. See our previous story.
Here's an explanation of the project from Tjep:
We were asked by the ROC professional training school in Apeldoorn in the Netherlands to design the reception area of the Care & Health department.
The idea of care has been visualized in different interior elements. A protective shelter in the shape of a large box forms a relax area.
Tidy made-up beds become chairs. Soft mattresses form the reception desk. There is a table protected by a tent forming an informal meeting space.
Interior design by Tjep. (Janneke Hooymans and Frank Tjepkema)
Kunst en Bedrijf worked as creative consultancy in the selection of designers for the different departments, including: Jurgen Bey, Krijn de Kooning, Tejo Remy and Rene Veenhuizen.
- Stanley Series by Simon Donald
- Airberg by Jean-Marie Massaud for Offecc…t
- Sneaker Speaker by Ray Kingston Inc.
- Tailored Wood by Raw Edges for Cappellin…i
- Coffee tables by Ding3000 for Normann Co…penhagen
- Shadowing streetlight records and projec…ts pedestrian movements
- Banksy on Essex Road
- "Super technology is going to ask for su…per tactility" - Li Edelkoort at Dezeen Live
- Dyslexic Objects win New Designer of the… Year Award 2013
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories