Design Indaba 08: the first sand-bag house designed by Cape Town architects MMA is taking shape (see earlier post).
The house, which has a total budget of just 65,000 Rand (£4,300/$8,600), is one of ten houses being built to house former shack dwellers.
10x10 aims to develop new affordable housing typologies by pairing international designers with South African architects.
A total of 100 houses by ten different design teams will be built at Freedom Park in Cape Town.
Women from Freedom Park are building the houses.
- More images of 166 Perry Street by Asymp…tote
- An der Alster 1 by J. Mayer H.
- Datong Art Museum by Foster + Partners
- Townhouse in Landskrona by Elding Oscars…on
- Mitchell Taylor Workshop pairs timber wi…th aluminium at Berkshire music college
- The Shard by Renzo Piano photographed by… Nick Guttridge
- Areal Architecten's Mayerhof retirement …home wraps around two courtyards
- Light Walls House by mA-style Architects
- Jameson House by Foster + Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories