Design Indaba 08: the first sand-bag house designed by Cape Town architects MMA is taking shape (see earlier post).
The house, which has a total budget of just 65,000 Rand (£4,300/$8,600), is one of ten houses being built to house former shack dwellers.
10x10 aims to develop new affordable housing typologies by pairing international designers with South African architects.
A total of 100 houses by ten different design teams will be built at Freedom Park in Cape Town.
Women from Freedom Park are building the houses.
- Slim House extension by alma-nac
- California Academy of Sciences by Renzo …Piano Building Workshop
- Wooden house by Ondrej and Josef Chybik
- Studio Fuksas completes Terminal 3 at Sh…enzhen Bao'an International Airport
- Bazaltbor Badacsony by Plant
- C/Z House by SAMI Arquitectos
- Riverside concrete pavilion in Norway pa…ys tribute to a paper press
- Urbain Architectencollectief converts br…ick fire station into Kortrijk cultural centre
- Sunnyside Up by SO-IL
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories