Architects Broadway Malyan have completed the renovation of Rossio railway station in Lisbon, Portugal.
The project connects the platforms of the nineteenth-century station to the city's metro system.
Here's a little bit of text from the architects:
In neo-manueline style, the Rossio railway station is an outstanding building set between Rossio Square and Restauradores Square and was designed by the architect José Luís Monteiro. The eight doors match the nine palatial windows and the incredibly decorated clock tower located on the top of the facade.
Rossio station is a curiosity in that the platforms are some 30 metres above the main entrance. Services from here are all suburban trains to the tourist sights of Sintra via Queluz.
Built in 1886/87, this station has been recently renovated. The boarding platform is now connected to the Metro Station, though this is with the nearest Metro station at Restauradores, (not with Rossio Metro).
- Chungha in Gangnam by MVRDV
- GNRation by Carvalho Araújo
- Spiralab by KINO Architects
- KE 12 Townhouse by SoHo Architektur
- The LM Project by Steven Holl
- A House in Showa-cho by Shintaro Fujiwar…a
- Clubhouse for Tennisclub IJburg with sea…ts on its roof by MVRDV
- Casa del Atrio by Fran Silvestre Arquite…ctos
- Civita' di Bagnoregio by Progettospore
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories