The non-destructive virus is transferred to a colleague's Mac via a specially designed USB device (above).
Here's some info from Troika:
In the beginning were harmless computer viruses. Viruses born out of the wit of early computer adopters, viruses whose sole purpose was to surprise and amuse. A non-destructive form of artificial life.
We wanted to revive this golden era, and went on to create our first computer virus. We chose to do it for mac as the platform is still a virgin territory ;-)
Spice up your colleagues' day with our Newton Virus, the first virus to introduce gravity to your laptop, causing the desktop icons to fall down as if subject to the gravitational pull from the real world.
Newton Virus comes on a USB key for manual infection. Simply plug the key into a computer and the virus will automatically copy itself on the hard drive.
The virus will then hit at random, but only once. It will not replicate itself, mail itself to your friends or destroy any of your files, but instead provides you with moments of blissful surprise and magic.
- "We have created a new type of water" - …Philippe Starck
- Espresso Solo by Shmuel Linski
- Be.e electric scooter by Waarmakers
- Olafur Eliasson's tears used to make hum…an cheese
- Grid Plank and Grid Table by Daphna Laur…ens
- L'Uritonnoir by Faltazi
- Farm by Studio Job
- Photos from augmented reality watch stor…e at Hackney House Austin now online
- The crash was "very healthy" for collect…ible design, says Design Miami's Rodman Primack
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories