Japanese architects Kiyonobu Nakagame have updated their website, showing work including House in Sendai-Kasumi.
The house, overlooking the city of Sendai, was completed in September last year.
Here's some information from Kiyonobu Nakagame and Associates:
The house sits on the hill top that overlooks the city of Sendai, situated within the area called Yakiyama offering magnificent views of cliffs that rise from the Hirose River running at the bottom.
The site has an elongated configuration in a North/South orientation, adjoined by existing houses on both sides.
The site planning was conceived in relation to the density of neighboring houses and consisted of the elongated volume placed along the site and the large garden adjoined to it.
While the site descends towards the cliff side the house volume is lifted up, creating the gap between them in which the garden, the living room and even the marvelous view of Sendai integrate with each another and become a large unified site as a whole.
In terms of HVAC, we contrived effective heating systems. Although Sendai is not fully a cold district adequate heating devices were still necessary, considering the frequent strong north winds blowing up the hill. Hydronic radiant floor heating was applied to the entire floor area in the large room on the 1st floor. Furthermore, hydronic heating is also provided on the walls in each room, creating comfortable spaces with the radiant heat.
Location: Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture
Architects: Kiyonobu Nakagame & Associates
Engineers: Kanebako structural engineers
General contractor: Prolog
Completion date: September, 2007
- House in Andros by KLab architects
- PAC House by A+R Arquitectos
- Excrescent Utopia by Milo Ayden De Luca
- Entorno del Templo de Diana by José Mar…ía Sánchez García
- Rectangular arches frame rooms and garde…ns at Cosmic House by UID Architects
- Historical movie images adorn the facade… of National Film School in Dublin
- SOF by J. Mayer H. and OVOTZ design Lab
- Raised outdoor cabins connected to Goodw…ood Residence apartments by WOHA
- Interpretation centre for the Manzanares… River by Rubio & Alvarez-Sala Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories