The bookcase consists of identical modular components that are stacked facing alternate directions to create sloping shelves.
Smånsk are currently seeking an appropriate manufacturer for the design.
Here's some information from the designers:
Sloping shelves mean you do not have to arrange the shelves in various heights as with ordinary bookcases. There are room for binders at the high end of each shelve and pocket books at the low end.
All parts of the bookcase are identical. To assemble it you just rotate the parts and place them on top of each other. The identical parts provides easy manufacturing as well.
Photographs by Carl Kleiner
Set design by Fredrik Evensen.
- Hippo and Potamus by Mia Gammelgaard for… Blå Station
- Dyson's first humidifier uses ultraviole…t light to kill bacteria
- SCP Autumn/Winter collection 2013
- Min-Kyu Choi wins Brit Insurance Design …of the Year Award 2010
- Designer Christmas cards
- Bulo's Dan modular furniture system is b…uilt from wooden ladders
- Bread Shoes by R&E Praspaliauskas
- Postfossil at Milan 2010
- MONUmini by Aimée Furnival at Dezeen Su…per Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories