The bookcase consists of identical modular components that are stacked facing alternate directions to create sloping shelves.
Smånsk are currently seeking an appropriate manufacturer for the design.
Here's some information from the designers:
Sloping shelves mean you do not have to arrange the shelves in various heights as with ordinary bookcases. There are room for binders at the high end of each shelve and pocket books at the low end.
All parts of the bookcase are identical. To assemble it you just rotate the parts and place them on top of each other. The identical parts provides easy manufacturing as well.
Photographs by Carl Kleiner
Set design by Fredrik Evensen.
- Coming Out by ZMIK
- RIBA Regent Street Windows Project 2013
- Mingus by Cecilie Manz for Lightyears
- Vindobona by Claesson Koivisto Rune
- Ross Lovegrove for VitrA
- Final issues of FOMO released as project… prepares to visit Venice
- HyperLip by Sascha Nordmeyer creates gri…macing facial expressions
- LightHive by Alex Haw
- Blaue Blume by Undergrowth Design at The… Temporium
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories