The bookcase consists of identical modular components that are stacked facing alternate directions to create sloping shelves.
Smånsk are currently seeking an appropriate manufacturer for the design.
Here's some information from the designers:
Sloping shelves mean you do not have to arrange the shelves in various heights as with ordinary bookcases. There are room for binders at the high end of each shelve and pocket books at the low end.
All parts of the bookcase are identical. To assemble it you just rotate the parts and place them on top of each other. The identical parts provides easy manufacturing as well.
Photographs by Carl Kleiner
Set design by Fredrik Evensen.
- Bocci debuts cloud-shaped 73 glass penda…nt lights
- Sticks and Stones and Broken Bones by St…udio Toogood and Izé
- Technology and design: makingthe world a…round us
- Succession by Fredrik Färg at 20 Design…ers at Biologiska
- Icelandic designer creates floatation ca…ps and armbands for bathing in geothermal water
- Curve Frame Sofa Set by Hyung Suk Cho
- Dezeen Screen: Moody Couch by Hanna Emel…ie Ernsting
- Litracon light-transmitting concrete
- Is Copenhagen the new Milan?
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories