The bookcase consists of identical modular components that are stacked facing alternate directions to create sloping shelves.
Smånsk are currently seeking an appropriate manufacturer for the design.
Here's some information from the designers:
Sloping shelves mean you do not have to arrange the shelves in various heights as with ordinary bookcases. There are room for binders at the high end of each shelve and pocket books at the low end.
All parts of the bookcase are identical. To assemble it you just rotate the parts and place them on top of each other. The identical parts provides easy manufacturing as well.
Photographs by Carl Kleiner
Set design by Fredrik Evensen.
- New work at Established & Sons
- Story lamp by Skar+Vidal
- Table B by Konstantin Grcic for BD Barce…lona Design
- Droog show Taiwan fruits
- Fruits Table Lamp by Hisakazu Shimizu
- Ron Arad: Restless at the Barbican
- Rotator by Ron Arad for Teuco
- Silver Sugar Spoon by Studio Makkink & B…ey
- Hang Around and Toss Around by KiBiSi fo…r Muuto
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories