The bookcase consists of identical modular components that are stacked facing alternate directions to create sloping shelves.
Smånsk are currently seeking an appropriate manufacturer for the design.
Here's some information from the designers:
Sloping shelves mean you do not have to arrange the shelves in various heights as with ordinary bookcases. There are room for binders at the high end of each shelve and pocket books at the low end.
All parts of the bookcase are identical. To assemble it you just rotate the parts and place them on top of each other. The identical parts provides easy manufacturing as well.
Photographs by Carl Kleiner
Set design by Fredrik Evensen.
- David Ericsson "revels in beech" to crea…te Madonna Chair for Gärsnäs
- Sibling turns pink fur and brown paper p…ackaging into clothing
- Miito by Nils Chudy is an energy-saving …alternative to the kettle
- New work from Stuart Haygarth
- Tokyo Designers Week interviews: Gwenael… Nicolas
- TwentyTwo by Jaime Hayón for Ceccotti
- Roc Apeldoorn interior by Tjep.
- Found Form by Enina Waelstham for Mormel…s design
- Ilona Van den Bergh's Moon bowls are def…ormed after casting
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories