The bookcase consists of identical modular components that are stacked facing alternate directions to create sloping shelves.
Smånsk are currently seeking an appropriate manufacturer for the design.
Here's some information from the designers:
Sloping shelves mean you do not have to arrange the shelves in various heights as with ordinary bookcases. There are room for binders at the high end of each shelve and pocket books at the low end.
All parts of the bookcase are identical. To assemble it you just rotate the parts and place them on top of each other. The identical parts provides easy manufacturing as well.
Photographs by Carl Kleiner
Set design by Fredrik Evensen.
- Zita Merényi sears fabric to create f…ashion collection with scarred seams
- Dezeen's London Design Festival 2013 h…ighlights
- United Nude's Float shoes are created …on a desktop 3D printer
- X Y and Z by Daniel Lorch
- Biodegradable fishing nets could preve…nt sea mammal deaths
- At One by Charlotte Kingsnorth
- Dezeen selects the top 7 things to see… at London Design Festival 2014
- "Immersive virtual world" by Gareth Pu…gh and Inition installed at Selfridges
- Cubist Vases by Boym Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories