The bookcase consists of identical modular components that are stacked facing alternate directions to create sloping shelves.
Smånsk are currently seeking an appropriate manufacturer for the design.
Here's some information from the designers:
Sloping shelves mean you do not have to arrange the shelves in various heights as with ordinary bookcases. There are room for binders at the high end of each shelve and pocket books at the low end.
All parts of the bookcase are identical. To assemble it you just rotate the parts and place them on top of each other. The identical parts provides easy manufacturing as well.
Photographs by Carl Kleiner
Set design by Fredrik Evensen.
- Torafu Architects unveils Cobrina wooden… furniture collection
- Home Work by Studio Job
- A Quiet Celebration by Morie Nishimura
- 50by70 by Tim Fishlock for Habitat
- Nendo manipulates metal to form Softer t…han Steel furniture collection
- The Bombay Sapphire Prize in Milan: vide…o diary day 5
- Peng You's Fugu bag inflates to protect …your gadgets
- Swell sofa by Jonas Wagell for Normann C…openhagen
- Elias & Son tables by llot llov
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories