The bookcase consists of identical modular components that are stacked facing alternate directions to create sloping shelves.
Smånsk are currently seeking an appropriate manufacturer for the design.
Here's some information from the designers:
Sloping shelves mean you do not have to arrange the shelves in various heights as with ordinary bookcases. There are room for binders at the high end of each shelve and pocket books at the low end.
All parts of the bookcase are identical. To assemble it you just rotate the parts and place them on top of each other. The identical parts provides easy manufacturing as well.
Photographs by Carl Kleiner
Set design by Fredrik Evensen.
- Konstantin Grcic's first design for Arte…k is a circular birch swivel chair
- Light Wind by demakersvan
- Arne Quinze at Swarovski Crystal Palace
- Paceman by MINI
- Joe Doucet launches wooden Sling Chair w…ith supple silicone backrest
- Precious Plastic by Dave Hakkens
- Human Body Shop by Eliot Postma
- Meeraboo FL-1 by Victor Vetterlein
- Flyknit running footwear by Nike
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories