The bookcase consists of identical modular components that are stacked facing alternate directions to create sloping shelves.
Smånsk are currently seeking an appropriate manufacturer for the design.
Here's some information from the designers:
Sloping shelves mean you do not have to arrange the shelves in various heights as with ordinary bookcases. There are room for binders at the high end of each shelve and pocket books at the low end.
All parts of the bookcase are identical. To assemble it you just rotate the parts and place them on top of each other. The identical parts provides easy manufacturing as well.
Photographs by Carl Kleiner
Set design by Fredrik Evensen.
- Somewhere In Between by Andrew Aloisio
- Patricia Urquiola's Luna cabinet conceal…s items behind pivoting doors
- OLA Table by AKKA
- Design Museum Collection App:driving mov…ies
- Buzz chair by Bertjan Pot for Arco
- Under My Roof by Christian Vivanco
- Heinz Beanz Flavour Experience by Bompas… & Parr
- Plastic Garbage Guarding the Museum by L…uzinterruptus
- Phoebe Kowalska layers neoprene and nylo…n to create protective clothing
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories