The bookcase consists of identical modular components that are stacked facing alternate directions to create sloping shelves.
Smånsk are currently seeking an appropriate manufacturer for the design.
Here's some information from the designers:
Sloping shelves mean you do not have to arrange the shelves in various heights as with ordinary bookcases. There are room for binders at the high end of each shelve and pocket books at the low end.
All parts of the bookcase are identical. To assemble it you just rotate the parts and place them on top of each other. The identical parts provides easy manufacturing as well.
Photographs by Carl Kleiner
Set design by Fredrik Evensen.
- New projects by Katrin Olina
- Movie: Daan Roosegaarde discusses his Sm…art Highway project
- Interview: Tokujin Yoshioka at Design Mi…ami
- Piet Hein Eek and Roderick Vos collabora…te with disadvantaged makers for Social Label initiative
- V&A exhibition to celebrate objects desi…gned for political protests
- CSYS by Jake Dyson
- Little Disk Program by Industrial Facili…ty
- New Designers awards 2008
- Designjunction is a place where "people …can get really excited about design"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories