Design Indaba 08: here's a new set of photos showing progress on the first sand-bag house being built at Freedom Park in Cape Town, South Africa.
Taken last week, the photos show builders and locals constructing the second level of the house using the EcoBeam sand-bag construction system. The first level has now been plastered and timber shingles are being applied to the upper level.
The house has a budget of 65,000 Rand (£4,300/$8,600).
See more photos of the house being built in our earlier stories.
See images of other 10x10 Housing Project designs by teams including Tom Dixon, Thomas Heatherwick, Shigeru Ban and Will Alsop here.
- University chapel by Dynerman Architects… hides its true form behind a square wall
- Interior Living Unit by Andrew Kline
- Villa Wallin by Erik Andersson Architect…s
- Up at the O2 by Rogers Stirk Harbour + P…artners and Bblur Architecture
- Havaianas by Isay Weinfeld
- The Bow by Foster + Partners
- HL23 by Neil Denari
- Casa Llorens by Eneseis Arquitectura
- Alpha Project by Xavier Vilalta Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories