Design Indaba 08: here's a new set of photos showing progress on the first sand-bag house being built at Freedom Park in Cape Town, South Africa.
Taken last week, the photos show builders and locals constructing the second level of the house using the EcoBeam sand-bag construction system. The first level has now been plastered and timber shingles are being applied to the upper level.
The house has a budget of 65,000 Rand (£4,300/$8,600).
See more photos of the house being built in our earlier stories.
See images of other 10x10 Housing Project designs by teams including Tom Dixon, Thomas Heatherwick, Shigeru Ban and Will Alsop here.
- Ocean Avenue Project by Frank Gehry
- Thula Fort Restoration by Abdullah Al-Ha…drami
- Tour des Arts by Forma 6
- "A lot of what we do is about testing pu…blic space"– Suzanne O'Connell of The Decorators
- House F by Ido Kenji
- Mountain lodge by Reiulf Ramstad Archite…cts has a V-shaped footprint that follows the terrain
- Angled fins flank the windows of KINO Ar…chitects' Tokyo apartment block
- Flake House by OLGGA Architects
- "Architects are pushed away from what's …happening on site" - Studio Weave
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories