Design Indaba 08: here's a new set of photos showing progress on the first sand-bag house being built at Freedom Park in Cape Town, South Africa.
Taken last week, the photos show builders and locals constructing the second level of the house using the EcoBeam sand-bag construction system. The first level has now been plastered and timber shingles are being applied to the upper level.
The house has a budget of 65,000 Rand (£4,300/$8,600).
See more photos of the house being built in our earlier stories.
See images of other 10x10 Housing Project designs by teams including Tom Dixon, Thomas Heatherwick, Shigeru Ban and Will Alsop here.
- Bru 1.25 by SoHo Architektur
- Movie: RIBA Stirling Prize 2010 shortlis…t
- Baufeld 10 by LOVE architecture
- Shell-shaped shelter by Flanagan Lawrenc…e built on Littlehampton seafront
- Vale da Abelha House by Duarte Pape
- Pentominium by Murphy/Jahn
- Micro House in Tsinghua by Studio Liu Lu…bin
- Nestlé Chocolate Museum by Metro
- Villa Kanousan by Yuusuke Karasawa
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories