Design Indaba 08: here's a new set of photos showing progress on the first sand-bag house being built at Freedom Park in Cape Town, South Africa.
Taken last week, the photos show builders and locals constructing the second level of the house using the EcoBeam sand-bag construction system. The first level has now been plastered and timber shingles are being applied to the upper level.
The house has a budget of 65,000 Rand (£4,300/$8,600).
See more photos of the house being built in our earlier stories.
See images of other 10x10 Housing Project designs by teams including Tom Dixon, Thomas Heatherwick, Shigeru Ban and Will Alsop here.
- Aurlandsfjellet Tourist Route opens
- Six inverted arches outline the roof o…f Shonan Christ Church by Takeshi Hosaka
- Montpelier Community Nursery by AY Arc…hitects
- Nanhe River Landscape Bridge by WXY Ar…chitecture
- Movie: Hayrack Apartments by OFIS Arhi…tekti
- Haworth Tompkins completes renovation …of Denys Lasdun's National Theatre
- McLaren Production Centre by Foster + …Partners
- Schiecentrale 4B tower with protruding… storage by Mei Architecten en Stedenbouwers
- NYC gets first Grimshaw bus stop
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories