Design Indaba 08: here's a new set of photos showing progress on the first sand-bag house being built at Freedom Park in Cape Town, South Africa.
Taken last week, the photos show builders and locals constructing the second level of the house using the EcoBeam sand-bag construction system. The first level has now been plastered and timber shingles are being applied to the upper level.
The house has a budget of 65,000 Rand (£4,300/$8,600).
See more photos of the house being built in our earlier stories.
See images of other 10x10 Housing Project designs by teams including Tom Dixon, Thomas Heatherwick, Shigeru Ban and Will Alsop here.
- Red-Wall Teahouse by CutscapeArchitectur…e flanks Beijing's Forbidden City
- Japan's biennale pavilion challenges arc…hitects to "face the real world"
- Friendship Centre by Kashef Mahboob Chow…dhury/URBANA
- Offices and a studio in a renovated mili…tary uniform factory by Sauerbruch Hutton
- Nursery extension by h2o Architectes env…eloped by a folded fabric sunshade
- Canoes Landscape by Julio Barreno
- New Pinterest board: balconies
- Confederation of Employers of Albacete h…eadquarters by Cor & Asociados
- World Architecture Festival 2012 day one… winners announced
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories