Crushed Bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and are designed using the same computer modelling processes de Smedt uses to generate large-scale architectural projects.
The bowls come in large (above) and small (below) versions.
Here's some info from Muuto:
CRUSHED BOWLS - Bowl - by Julien de Smedt
MATERIAL: Handmade fine bone china
COLOUR: White - unglazed and hand polished outside, glazed inside
DIMENSIONS: Large version: ø 29 cm, Height 16 cm; Small version: ø 16,5 cm, Height 14 cm
JULIEN DE SMEDT ON THE DESIGN: The Crushed Bowls show big-scale architecture applied on small scale objects. The bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and principles we use for big-scale computer modeling. Adding human ergonomics and aesthetics to the equation we have derived a series of vessels that are carefully crushed for everyday use.
- Air Multiplier by Dyson
- Program Your 808 by Rob Ricketts
- Him and Her by Fabio Novembre
- The Poetics of Miss Understanding by Ana… Rita Antonio
- Florian Schmid's two-legged tables inter…sect with mirrors
- Stacking trays by Frederik Roijé form o…verlapping grid patterns
- Patricia Urquiola upholsters modular sof…a for Moroso in jersey fabric
- Stack of utensils crafted in India forms… Cheese Maker by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Delta by Inga Sempé for Tectona
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories