Crushed Bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and are designed using the same computer modelling processes de Smedt uses to generate large-scale architectural projects.
The bowls come in large (above) and small (below) versions.
Here's some info from Muuto:
CRUSHED BOWLS - Bowl - by Julien de Smedt
MATERIAL: Handmade fine bone china
COLOUR: White - unglazed and hand polished outside, glazed inside
DIMENSIONS: Large version: ø 29 cm, Height 16 cm; Small version: ø 16,5 cm, Height 14 cm
JULIEN DE SMEDT ON THE DESIGN: The Crushed Bowls show big-scale architecture applied on small scale objects. The bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and principles we use for big-scale computer modeling. Adding human ergonomics and aesthetics to the equation we have derived a series of vessels that are carefully crushed for everyday use.
- Bamboo-steel chair by Nendo for Yii
- Balloon Chair by h220430 appears to floa…t above the ground
- Rainbow Church by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Husmus by Muungano
- Labvert's glass fragrance tester for Dio…r prevents mixing of scents
- Room shelving system functions like a hu…ge shape-sorter toy
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: save 20%… on Gravity by Ziiiro
- Design Museum Collection App: lights
- CONtradition screens by MICROmacro Lab
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories