Crushed Bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and are designed using the same computer modelling processes de Smedt uses to generate large-scale architectural projects.
The bowls come in large (above) and small (below) versions.
Here's some info from Muuto:
CRUSHED BOWLS - Bowl - by Julien de Smedt
MATERIAL: Handmade fine bone china
COLOUR: White - unglazed and hand polished outside, glazed inside
DIMENSIONS: Large version: ø 29 cm, Height 16 cm; Small version: ø 16,5 cm, Height 14 cm
JULIEN DE SMEDT ON THE DESIGN: The Crushed Bowls show big-scale architecture applied on small scale objects. The bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and principles we use for big-scale computer modeling. Adding human ergonomics and aesthetics to the equation we have derived a series of vessels that are carefully crushed for everyday use.
- [D3] Contest winners at imm cologne 2010
- Mesblock by Robert Knight
- The Country Trainer by Jasper Morrison f…or Camper
- Tin Can Lids by Jack Bresnahan
- St. Bartholomew’s Church by Maxim Velc…ovsky
- Gothic Chair by Studio Job for Moooi
- Techtile exhibition design by Nosigner
- OOO Lamp by Vasiliy Butenko
- MYchair by UNStudio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories