Crushed Bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and are designed using the same computer modelling processes de Smedt uses to generate large-scale architectural projects.
The bowls come in large (above) and small (below) versions.
Here's some info from Muuto:
CRUSHED BOWLS - Bowl - by Julien de Smedt
MATERIAL: Handmade fine bone china
COLOUR: White - unglazed and hand polished outside, glazed inside
DIMENSIONS: Large version: ø 29 cm, Height 16 cm; Small version: ø 16,5 cm, Height 14 cm
JULIEN DE SMEDT ON THE DESIGN: The Crushed Bowls show big-scale architecture applied on small scale objects. The bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and principles we use for big-scale computer modeling. Adding human ergonomics and aesthetics to the equation we have derived a series of vessels that are carefully crushed for everyday use.
- Révélateur installation by Mickaë…l Wiesengrün recreates "smells of the past"
- Pharrell Williams unveils first phase …of collaboration with Adidas
- Nendo bottles 20 "different kinds of r…ain" for Words installation
- Love With You music video by Harald Ha…raldsson
- Origami Chair by So Takahashi
- Ancient volcanic rock and carbon fibre… spliced together in Onyx sofa by Peugeot Design Lab
- Motek by Luca Nichetto for Cassina
- Thorn by Iris van Herpen and United Nu…de
- Cullen Projects builds glowing perfora…ted boxes for London menswear shows
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories