Crushed Bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and are designed using the same computer modelling processes de Smedt uses to generate large-scale architectural projects.
The bowls come in large (above) and small (below) versions.
Here's some info from Muuto:
CRUSHED BOWLS - Bowl - by Julien de Smedt
MATERIAL: Handmade fine bone china
COLOUR: White - unglazed and hand polished outside, glazed inside
DIMENSIONS: Large version: ø 29 cm, Height 16 cm; Small version: ø 16,5 cm, Height 14 cm
JULIEN DE SMEDT ON THE DESIGN: The Crushed Bowls show big-scale architecture applied on small scale objects. The bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and principles we use for big-scale computer modeling. Adding human ergonomics and aesthetics to the equation we have derived a series of vessels that are carefully crushed for everyday use.
- Mini House by Jonas Wagell
- Food and Design videos: Gitta Gschwendtn…er
- M6 chair by Joe Buttigieg
- Candy Chair by Jeong Yong
- Technology in bathrooms should be "hidde…n away," says Vola designer
- Form Pendants by Form Us with Love for D…esign House Stockholm
- Movie of Future Systems and Ross Lovegro…ve at the London Design Festival
- Concentré de Vie by Matali Crasset for …Campeggi
- Zaha Hadid, Ben van Berkel and more desi…gn 3D-printed shoes for United Nude
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories