Crushed Bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and are designed using the same computer modelling processes de Smedt uses to generate large-scale architectural projects.
The bowls come in large (above) and small (below) versions.
Here's some info from Muuto:
CRUSHED BOWLS - Bowl - by Julien de Smedt
MATERIAL: Handmade fine bone china
COLOUR: White - unglazed and hand polished outside, glazed inside
DIMENSIONS: Large version: ø 29 cm, Height 16 cm; Small version: ø 16,5 cm, Height 14 cm
JULIEN DE SMEDT ON THE DESIGN: The Crushed Bowls show big-scale architecture applied on small scale objects. The bowls are composed of equilateral triangles and principles we use for big-scale computer modeling. Adding human ergonomics and aesthetics to the equation we have derived a series of vessels that are carefully crushed for everyday use.
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Craig G…reen
- 3D-printed shades diffuse light from Afi…llia lamps by Alessandro Zambelli for .exnovo
- Nike adapts Flyknit technology to launch… knitted football boot
- Shenzhen International Airport Terminal …3 by Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas
- #Flock by BERG for Twitter
- Stand table by Jakob Timpe slots togethe…r without glue or fixings
- Aluminium animals by Eleanor Trevisanutt…o disguise CCTV cameras
- P’9521 mobile phone by Porsche Design
- Faye Toogood "gets fat" with fourth Asse…mblage furniture collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories