Bench2 by Jo Nagasaka of Tokyo-based Schemata Architecture Office is made of six chairs and a plank of wood.
"A chair+ a (duck-legged) chair+ a chair+ a chair+ a chair+ a chair ⇒ a bench," explains Nagasaka.
The bench was exhibited at the New Tokyo Contemporaries exhibition at the Shin-Marunouchi building in Marunouchi, Tokyo, last month.
The photos above are by Kei Okano.
More Dezeen stories about Schemata Architecture Office:
- Marginal Notes by Note Design Studio
- My Beautiful Backside by Doshi Levien
- Front for Moroso
- Kettle by Estelle Sauvage
- Masonite: Memoriam by Folkform for Svens…kt Tenn
- Rough Diamond collection by Lee Broom
- Akitoka by Rosa Lemos
- Stacking Throne by Laurens van Wieringen
- "When you try to separate art and design… you create a ghetto" - Job Smeets
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories